Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eric who????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

You old guys are a hoot.

Eric Desjardins, that great defenseman who should be in the hall because he played for the Habs, right? Right? Get outta here..
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 11-24-2012 at 12:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stamkos who? What? I don't know...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Enjoy your nostalgia, boys. The rest of us have moved on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

While there's no doubting Gordie Howe was amazing, at some point older folks do need to recognize the current (or more recent) generations. While I do realize everyone walked uphill to school both ways in 2 feet of snow every day, that's not how it actually happened. Just how I didn't spend every day at school in -40 degree weather (despite actually experiencing it 4 or 5 times), Gordie Howe didn't obliterate every single human being in his path.

Eric Lindros dominated hockey for a few years, far more than a number of HOFers did in their time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I think for a lot of people in Quebec, Lindros doesn't deserve to be in the Hall. He may well have dominated the game for a few short years but he never led his team to the ultimate prize and the way he acted when drafted by the Nordiques was despicable (and no I am not a Nordiques fan but a Habs one). Even before he laced them up in the NHL he acted like he was bigger than the game itself and to me, that kind of attitude shouldn't be rewarded. Sure, Lemieux had the same reaction when the Pens drafted him but he eventually came to his sense and realized that the game had rules and people needed to follow them. To me, that attitude is a big reason why I don't think he should be in the Hall. You may not agree and you have every right to feel that way but I just thought the topic warranted sharing my point of view.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Paul is not allowed to post on SCF after he has been drinking anymore!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

HOF selection should be about performance, sportsmanship and contribution to the sport and community.

Lindros' attitude toward who he wanted to play for should have nothing to do with it. Aside from his disdain for the Nordiques, he wasn't a very selfish person and his contributions on and off the ice were great.

When your name is in the record books next to a pile of other people who are indisputably considered all time greats, how do you deny him the same mantle for any reason other than spite?

Career achievements

• 4th fastest player in NHL history to score 300 points (210 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (159), Mario Lemieux (186) & Peter Stastny (186)
    • 4th fastest player in NHL history to score 400 points (277 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (197), Mario Lemieux (240) & Peter Stastny (247)
    • 5th fastest player in NHL history to score 500 points (352 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (234), Mario Lemieux (287) & Peter Stastny (322) & Mike Bossy (349)
    • 6th fastest player in NHL history to score 600 points (429 GP) behind Wayne Gretzky (273), Mario Lemieux (323) & Peter Stastny (394), Mike Bossy (400) & Jari Kurri (419)

courtesy of wikipedia

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

To me, his attitude was bad sportsmanship sorry...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of course it was, you live in Quebec and he cold-shouldered you! :P

He didn't want to play in a market where he couldn't speak his native language, and most of the people around him wanted to separate from the country at the time... I understand his move completely, even if it didn't seem fair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast