Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Involvement with Charities?

Hey all!

For those who haven't gotten the chance to know me here yet, hello! My name is Benny, and I am currently a sophomore in high school (school starts tomorrow...yippee! )

Throughout the summer, I've been thinking of a couple goals/achievements that I want to accomplish this upcoming year. One of the primary objectives on my list is to start a charity!

Here's the ideal breakdown:

I'd like to raise $10,000 to support the RAINN Foundation (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network), an outstanding organization that provides relief and care to rape victims, and they also educate the public about the dangers of this heinous crime (and how to identify/prevent rape).

However, I feel as if it would be beneficial to involve my favorite hobby (card-collecting) with raising money to support the cause!

I have already been in contact with several individuals (e.g. a custom card maker, a rape crisis counselor, my local rape crisis center, etc...), and I thought it would be a great idea to have generous members of the community sign cards like real-life athletes and auction them off on eBay to support RAINN.

For example:

I sign a card (that will be professionally made...I know a guy ). On the back, it is serial numbered and states how I have pledged to raise money to support RAINN. I will then auction these on eBay with 100% of the profits benefiting the RAINN foundation, and BAM! Soon enough, we've hit our goal!

I suppose the entire point of the post is to take names (not commitments...just to see if there is interest) to volunteer to be featured on a card...the card will look similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190721606295?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

I believe that if enough members choose to sign a couple cards and there is enough great interested in this magnificent community, that we can reach our goal of $10,000 within a year from now!

I'd appreciate it so much if you could kindly comment down below with your thoughts, suggestions, questions, whether you'd have an interest in signing cards to support the cause, and anything that could be helpful!

Thank you!

- Benny

LIST OF INTEREST:

lagalaxyfan23
    steven_morgan
    pander69
    RG3NFL
    smackvay
    Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 09-04-2012 at 11:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thisnthatplus2's Items on eBay

Im by no means famous but id do it for the cause. and i know some WVU basketball and ftball players past and present that would sign as i talked to a couple of them this past weekend about something similiar and got thumbs up

SCF Rewards
    Country

you are a really smart kid man, kudos to you on this idea.. Great great idea on your part.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See ajk0565's Items on eBay

ill sign :D gr8 idea bud

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See ajk0565's Items on eBay

and we live right by each other so it should be easy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mustangrugger's Items on eBay

This is a really interesting idea. I would also reach out to the different bloggers, "radio" hosts and other people who are part of the hobby. I can't imagine them not wanting to help like this. By no means famous either, but I'd scribble - I mean sign!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is a really interesting idea. I would also reach out to the different bloggers, "radio" hosts and other people who are part of the hobby. I can't imagine them not wanting to help like this. By no means famous either, but I'd scribble - I mean sign!

Great idea! Thanks for the input! I will certainly keep you in touch! Thanks again!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

and we live right by each other so it should be easy

For sure man thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you are a really smart kid man, kudos to you on this idea.. Great great idea on your part.

My pleasure really! Thanks a lot!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Im by no means famous but id do it for the cause. and i know some WVU basketball and ftball players past and present that would sign as i talked to a couple of them this past weekend about something similiar and got thumbs up

Great idea! Thanks! I will definitely be in contact with you if I feel like it would be a good idea for them to sign as well. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast