Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

I think i got a fair deal...tell me what you think

Greetings:
    Earlier today I went out to a local Antique store that was having an outdoor flea market sale. Now generally I find myself looking at a bunch of stuff that I have already. Today I think I got a fair deal for $16 total. What did I find well...I thought I was just getting a complete base set from both Series 1 & 2 of the `15/`16 Upper Deck Hockey. Thinking eventually I'll have to put on my wantlists site all the Young Guns only. Unfortunately I didn't get a base set of either Series I opened up the Series 2 box to notice the highest number in the set was 500 showing me a card saying Young Guns Checklist. I thought well that was nice 1 less Young Gun I'll need to get then the next card was 499-Noah Hanifin Young Guns the card previously that was 498,497,496,etc..... I got all the Series 2 set from 251-500 then I thought alrighty let take a look at Series 1 same thing but it was from 1-250 that includes the Connor McDavid RC as well Dylan Larkin RC so I like I mentioned I would like to hear what you think about this find did I pay too much or not.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Umm yeah, you did. McDavid rookie is worth a good $1,000 in it's raw form (not graded).

The base sets (1-200 and 251-450) can be had for some $15 each as a lot. There are some more decent rookies as well from that year, but everyone is after the McDavid.

When the 15-16 Upper Deck S1 came out McDavid rookies were sold anywhere from $350-$500 immediately. It did drop down to around $300 or a little less. Rookie cards have been going up by quite a bit in hockey since the pandemic started and the price of boxes has jumped up a lot as well since then.

Good score. I could only dream of making a deal like this. I had an excellent deal once about 15 years ago with a storage locker getting many war medals from all over the place but some nice German and Russian medals that commanded quite the interest. Quite a bit of it I donated to the local Royal Canadian Legion to be put on display since I am not a greedy person :)

Cheers on the score.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Oh forgot to mention, those prices are all in CAD :P

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wait wait wait....you got your hands on a Connor McDavid YG for $16 and you're asking if you got a good deal?

Tell ya what, I'll give ya $25!!! LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @RGM81 if add 3 more zeros to your offer we might have deal but in the words of AL Borland from home improvement I don't think so Tim....

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Greetings:
    @RGM81 if add 3 more zeros to your offer we might have deal but in the words of AL Borland from home improvement I don't think so Tim....

LOL Can two of them be after the decimal point?

That's such an incredible find, congrats to you!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

What a great find. A McDavid Young Guns......
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very cool find and hopefully you will protect that McDavid. Do not want to hear about McDavid drowning in a flood down the road. ™™™™ happens.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage I have it in my binder & it won't touch any flooding areas in the house I am still in shock about it I am glad that I convinced myself to go back to purchase it otherwise someone else would have been able to stumble upon it. Just 2 weeks to the National looking forward to going.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage I have it in my binder & it won't touch any flooding areas in the house I am still in shock about it I am glad that I convinced myself to go back to purchase it otherwise someone else would have been able to stumble upon it. Just 2 weeks to the National looking forward to going.

Enjoy the set and the Nationals. Going to sit this one out for sure.

DON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast