Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

why did Europeans come to the America's?
    they used up their resources and battle over land was prominent, why? too many people

What happened when the the colonies were getting crowded?
    battle over land again?

heck, how did Canada get formed?

I think empire-building at the time might have had something to do with it.

Canada was formed when a tiny drop of glorious maple syrup was drizzled onto a crumpet in 1731. Then Wayne Gretzky was born. That's pretty much it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

it would actually be do the lack of timber, so the search for resources drove them here, including gold and land. the people that followed were mostly interested in freedom from a ruler and freedom of religion.

the gangs and crime that developed was directly do to over population.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

10 times more people equals ten times more likely to happen, and we are only 5 times.

Jay, have you ever taken a statistics course? The fact that the rates are based on a certain number (100,000 in this case) nullifies the population variance. You have a rate 5 times higher based on every 100,000 people so it doesn't matter that your population is 10 times ours. It's irrelevant to the rate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

then you should know stats can vary by the data used and how it is manipulated

the stats used here does not consider population density or resources available, and these two factors lead to a higher crime rate.

the population density of New York city is nearly 3 times that of toronto, this would explain why I said fewer resources equals more crime.

here is something from good old Canada for you

“There has been an increase in concentration of violence taking place among young males under 30 years of age,” says Scot Wortley, an associate professor at the University of Toronto’s Centre of Criminology. “Many of the young male victims of homicide are from our poorest and most socially disadvantaged communities.”
    Wortley said studies show Toronto’s middle-class communities have been shrinking and “our poor communities are not only growing but are becoming increasingly geographically and socially isolated — in other words, more like American ghettoes.”
    In the U.S., these communities have been associated with high rates of crime and violence and, if the trend continues, a similar increase can be expected in Canada, he said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012..._reported.html

like I said, too many people, not enough resources

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

I think empire-building at the time might have had something to do with it.

Canada was formed when a tiny drop of glorious maple syrup was drizzled onto a crumpet in 1731. Then Wayne Gretzky was born. That's pretty much it.

that's it. I am moving to Canada. You people know more about my country than most of the people here, have snow for more than 3 months a year in some parts, and are freaking funny as all get oot...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

that's it. I am moving to Canada. You people know more about my country than most of the people here, have snow for more than 3 months a year in some parts, and are freaking funny as all get oot...

Honestly, I think the grass is always greener somewhere else, until you get there. I've driven down the west coast of the US a few times and no matter where I go the people are friendly, the weather is great and the chocolate bar variety is AMAZING. And after living in BC for 30-odd years, all I wanna do lately is chuck it all and move to Newfoundland...........there are places in Vancouver you wouldn't want to get caught alone at night in, believe me...........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

10 times more people equals ten times more likely to happen, and we are only 5 times.

"Only" 5 times better at killing ourselves than Canadians?
    How does "only" and "5 times" get in the same sentence...for anything?
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Honestly, I think the grass is always greener somewhere else, until you get there. I've driven down the west coast of the US a few times and no matter where I go the people are friendly, the weather is great and the chocolate bar variety is AMAZING. And after living in BC for 30-odd years, all I wanna do lately is chuck it all and move to Newfoundland...........there are places in Vancouver you wouldn't want to get caught alone at night in, believe me...........

oh, I know what you are saying, but after having been in many parts of Ontario (Toronto, Sarnia, Sudbury, and points in between), as well as Regina, Calgary and Medicine Hat, I still feel like the "idiocy rate" is much lower up there. There is still a tie in most areas to some form of civility and respect for people that seems to have really slipped away down here.

Plus, like I mentioned. You guys have real winters for the most part...I love the cold!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

then you should know stats can vary by the data used and how it is manipulated

the stats used here does not consider population density or resources available, and these two factors lead to a higher crime rate.

the population density of New York city is nearly 3 times that of toronto, this would explain why I said fewer resources equals more crime.

here is something from good old Canada for you

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012..._reported.html

like I said, too many people, not enough resources

Funny, Canada as a whole has more property crime than the US per capita, but less homicides and violent crime. Toronto is simply catching up. It's always been "little America".
    I guess they agree with Americans that things are worth more then lives. Too bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol.

Canada is currently at my #2 destination if I ever decide that this country is beyond saving (which, actually during the past few months, I think it's on the right path).

Anyways, I would definitely go to UK first.

Can't beat fish and chips, soccer for 12 months of the year, and that bloody accent!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast