Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Tutall - None of the legislation will stop these types of tragedies but it will lessen them. The legislation is designed to slow the descent of a civilization. It's an attempt to begin changing the "culture of guns". You speak of "law-abiding" citizens. It is these "law-abiding" citizens that are committing these mass murders. Why are they committing them? I can tell you why. For whatever reason they snap, they invariably use the gun to go out because the gun is what they know. It's what society has taught them to idolize. If Adam Lanza had not grown up around guns, if he had not had access to the guns he had, he probably would have chosen another, less violent way to act out. Same goes for any of the other killers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Tutall - None of the legislation will stop these types of tragedies but it will lessen them. The legislation is designed to slow the descent of a civilization. It's an attempt to begin changing the "culture of guns". You speak of "law-abiding" citizens. It is these "law-abiding" citizens that are committing these mass murders. Why are they committing them? I can tell you why. For whatever reason they snap, they invariably use the gun to go out because the gun is what they know. It's what society has taught them to idolize. If Adam Lanza had not grown up around guns, if he had not had access to the guns he had, he probably would have chosen another, less violent way to act out. Same goes for any of the other killers.

This bill does nothing to stop the culture of guns... This will affect a small percentage of gun sales in the US. There is no way to track gun sales on the street, between friends, etc... I agree with you about the snapping part... So how about if you have a child that could potentially snap (has a mental illness, shows signs of acting out, violent, etc...) You LOCK YOUR GUNS UP. I have a three year old who knows not to touch dads guns or he is in trouble. I keep them locked in a safe that takes my fingerprints and a combo to get into. It cost me an extra 179 bucks for it. That safe would have prevented more shootings than this bill would have.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maybe they added this link after you looked?
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes...d-information/

Anyway, tell me again why this poll and the other three just like it are ALL wrong again?

I saw that link before. I don't see where that identifies the number of people polled. That is general info about how they perform polls. Reliable polls don't hide data or make you have to go searching for it.

They are all wrong because they are saying something that anyone with even basic knowledge of the political parties can see is wrong. They claim that anti-gun nut liberals are less supportive of increased gun restriction laws than conservatives.

Can someone please explain to me how any of the legislation proposed would have stopped a single murder that has ever grabbed national attention? People the commit crimes do not buy guns online or at gun shows typically. They buy them from a buddy on the street, steal them, or buy them legally before they are a felon. Maybe instead of making guns tougher for law abiding citizens to get we make stiffer penalties for people that perform gun crimes, better mental health care in the US (as many people who have committed these crimes have later been found to suffer from mental illness) or provide more gun training so the good guys have access to know how to use a gun properly and defend themselves.

No!! That is too logical.

Use some liberal logic for a change and it will all makes sense. What we need to do is take guns away from law abiding citizens, criminalize the ownership of guns by law abiding citizens, ignore the mental health and illegal gun trade issues, and implement a speed-dialing training program so that when someone who forgot to take the Ritalin kicks in your door and starts massacring your family you can dial 9-1-1 really fast, because the only people who know how to use guns and can protect you is the government.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.

This polled people in New Jersey, Virginia and PA... why are you talking about "the southeast"?
    Here is the breakdown by state on the background checks:

Virginia - Would you favor or oppose requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?
    Dems Yes: 94%
    Rep Yes: 94%

New Jersey Would you favor or oppose requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?
    Dems Yes: 98%
    Rep Yes: 96%

PA Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?
    Dems Yes: 96%

It didn't mentin if the democrats polled were "anti-gun nut liberals" ...
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My mistake. It says SthEst, I misread and thought it meant Southeast of the country, not just the state. Either way, I find it impossible to believe that conservatives are more in support of gun control than liberals anywhere. And the fact remains that data on how many were polled remains elusive.

Additionally, saying that a poll taken 4 months ago in the wake of the Newtown shooting is representative of what the American people want is nothing but a fallacy. Libs digging and finding some random poll from 4 months ago that supports a claim when there are dozens of current polls that contradict the claim is nothing but a weak attempt at manipulation.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

This polled people in New Jersey, Virginia and PA... why are you talking about "the southeast"?
    Here is the breakdown by state on the background checks:

Virginia - Would you favor or oppose requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?
    Dems Yes: 94%

New Jersey Would you favor or oppose requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows?
    Dems Yes: 98%
    Rep Yes: 96%

PA Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?
    Dems Yes: 96%

It didn't mentin if the democrats polled were "anti-gun nut liberals" ...

Was it only 3 states? I see Va. was one of them. I sure as heck didn't get a phone call or email regarding my opinion or thoughts on it. 3 states of the entire US represent the people? Yikes!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Use some liberal logic for a change and it will all makes sense. What we need to do is take guns away from law abiding citizens, criminalize the ownership of guns by law abiding citizens, ignore the mental health and illegal gun trade issues, and implement a speed-dialing training program so that when someone who forgot to take the Ritalin kicks in your door and starts massacring your family you can dial 9-1-1 really fast, because the only people who know how to use guns and can protect you is the government.

my god I would hate to live my life as scared as you people....

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm seeing a lot of "it won't fix everything so don't let it fix anything."

Nice work guys.

*cue everyone dressing it up as something actually noble*

SCF Rewards
    Country

My mistake. It says SthEst, I misread and thought it meant Southeast of the country, not just the state. Either way, I find it impossible to believe that conservatives are more in support of gun control than liberals anywhere. And the fact remains that data on how many were polled remains elusive.

Additionally, saying that a poll taken 4 months ago in the wake of the Newtown shooting is representative of what the American people want is nothing but a fallacy. Libs digging and finding some random poll from 4 months ago that supports a claim when there are dozens of current polls that contradict the claim is nothing but a weak attempt at manipulation.

OK - how about the other 3 polls that all said the same thing - strong support for universal background checks? Are you going to find some imaginary flaws in those too?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was it only 3 states? I see Va. was one of them. I sure as heck didn't get a phone call or email regarding my opinion or thoughts on it. 3 states of the entire US represent the people? Yikes!

8.19 million people live in Virginia, but because you were not polled ... what? it doesn't count?
    You are correct of course that the 3 state polls don't fill in the national picture.... but these do

86% Support for Background Checks
    ABC/Washington Post
    http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...ndPolitics.pdf

Another Poll with 86% Support for Background Checks
    CNN/ORC International

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...o-cause-worry/

Gallup poll 91%
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/am...-violence.aspx

You gotta love it when you show 3 national studies and another study from 3 states that shows everyone who was asked feels the same way about something.... and then someone in the back yells "hey that last poll only polled 3 states!" Stunning. It's like that annoying 12th juror who just has a 'feeling' about the murderer being innocent despite overwhelming evidence to contrary.
    Last edited by maccards44; 04-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast