Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

sportslot sounds interesting care to tell me more about it?
    I just recently signed on to the Sportlots site, and have picked up a decent amount of cards for my player collections, and I have more to get from there yet. I was looking at the COMC option next because filling the holes seems affordable still even though the pricing is up on shipping. I have seen some deals still in place, but others are a bit high(out to lunch as per James).

However my preferred method of acquiring cards for my collection has been here on SCF. I just wish more of the sellers would make a stop here so I didn't have to go there...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have listed a number of my cards I have bought for way more then I bought them for. One reason, my mail has not been reliable lately so what else should I do with them. The normal guy is retiring I think. Second reason is you cant view the back of the card unless you relist it, cant be seen from inventory manager, so if you want to see the actual card you own it has to be listed. Thats why I have done it anyway

I do not know about the retiring part as Tim is pretty young to be retiring. If my sources from card shows are right a few fella's ponied up some cash to buy COMC and take it under new ownership. Not sure if this will effect how things are run but I can only assume so if Tim is not heading it. As he was a degree in programming and could do all that was needed compared to someone who is not. So it looks like there will be more hands in the pie looking to get their profits which in the end usually does not bode well for the consumer when start up are gobbled. Only time will tell though.

DON
    @indexed
    Last edited by doniceage; 02-27-2017 at 02:26 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I use it to complete my set needs but I don't like the .99 jump in shipping.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Offers is also a big thing for COMC... but as has already been pointed out - you have to have store credit to make an offer. You can load credit in there with paypal quickly enough... but if you're not a regular shopper on there, this can be a turn off for some people.

There's another "secret" that less experienced users might not know (I use quotes, because it isn't really a secret).

If the seller has an Amazon logo next to their name, that means their cards are listed on Amazon & eBay. That also means they've agreed to take 20% less for their cards. If I sell a card for $10 on eBay (through COMC) I only get $8 for it. The other 20% covers their costs for selling on that other site.

What does this mean? I can't speak for everyone... but I would bet the large majority of sellers that use COMC to sell on those other sites, they'd also be willing to take 20% less if that's what they were offered through COMC.

Another thing to keep in mind with COMC..... Promotions. There are many sellers who constantly run sales. This can have a lot to do with asking prices as well. List a card for $10... I'm willing to take $8 at any given time.... and often offer 30% off (so $7) anyway. This stuff is really normal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info 30Ranford..
    I'd like to hear more about this Sportslots too. Can someone fill me in? Thanks
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I have used sportlots the past couple of years to complete my Tim Hortons base sets. You can get combined shipping from sellers, but unlike COMC there is no flat rate among sellers. Buy from more than one seller, and you're paying multiple shipping fees. From my experience, the inventory for base cards is great, not a heck of a lot more than that. Definitely far less to choose from on that site than ebay or COMC.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

tagging @CoolHandLuke

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Plus, they don't upload photos of the cards. I'm unsure if you can request a scan from the seller or not. That would be a problem for me even if they did have something high-end like a Signature Patches or a Limited Logos or not. You'd have no idea what the patch looks like.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I just recently signed on to the Sportlots site

Thanks for the heads up. I just placed a big 80 card order from one seller and am stoked about the price I paid.
    They have GOT to offer a team search option though. I would have ordered 3 times as much. After 2 hours I decided I didn't have time to keep searching and just went forward with the order I already had.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I don't know if it is just me, but the entire concept of book value has become obsolete in my circles and I do not remember the last time I looked at a Beckett. Actually, for me I go to COMC after I go to ebay after a box break to feel better about what I just pulled lol. COMC from the people I know, use it when they want to make a profit on their cards or have a lot of parallels, base sets and the such to sell. They also offer certain benefits I believe and you don't need to deal with all the shipping and paypal issues with ebay as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast