Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Anyone Else Think of This?

Now atleast here on SCF, people expect to get a card sold to them very much under eBay, and sellers have given into that, taking low ball offers, and taking less than the card sells for on average..Giving the buyer the advantage, however if all of us sellers refused to sell under eBay, it would make the buyers pay ebay prices, because lets face it, eBay sellers can be scammers, very slow shippers etc etc, on here it is a much more safe site..paying the same here is more safe in my opinion atleast...

Now will this happen, i would really doubt it because most sellers wont do it, but its food for thought
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

if everyone started to deny lowball offers and prices went up people would start scamming just like ebay.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

if everyone started to deny lowball offers and prices went up people would start scamming just like ebay.

huh? why would people scam on here?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

a disturbing trend i see here is some people want to low ball AND want FREE shipping. why would i give you a card for cheap AND pay for FREE shipping? no one wants to pay for shipping anymore it seems

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

So you want a little collusion huh? Tisk tisk, Dan...that's frowned upon. What if Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc all got together and decided they didn't like the low prices they were having to sell for and all agreed to raise prices? I know, that's hyperbole...but it is a fair comparison. Or look at gas prices...do you like it when OPEC decides they want to charge more for their product every summer and prices increase from $1.50/gal to $2.50-$3 per gallon?

And in our hobby, LCS owners have gone through the same thing since eBay came around. Do they continue to charge high prices, lose business to the internet, and for many, eventually go out of business? Or do they adapt to the new market place and change the way they do business to stay in the game?

But isn't what you said common sense? If you don't want to sell a card for what someone offers, don't. If they don't want to pay more, they don't get the card. If no one wants to sell that card at that price, that buyer will be forced to raise his price or do without. Of course if another seller is willing to sell that card at that price, then that may cause prices to drop some...but that's the beauty of the Free Market! Competition in the market place makes prices go down...it cuts into the sellers' profit margin, but it's great for consumers and much preferred over monopolies or collusion where companies decide to charge as much as they want and, if there are no alternatives, consumers are forced to pay whatever they charge.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

I don't know how to say it..ever think of things and they make sense then they don't?

Just happened to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Onepimp hit it right on the head,I simply choose not to sell unless I get a fair offer.Ebay prices aren't what I base what I charge for a card anyways,alot of things have to be taken into account.If the card was pack pulled from a discounted blaster I'll charge less,if I have money that I spent invested in a card I would expect to get at least what I paid for it.You will never get people to try and highball the consumer because they do have other avenues to buy cards,we aren't the only site or place that sells cards.Take care Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See remnantrocketbuyer's Items on eBay

More safe? I trust the feedback score, especially with eBay sellers that have 1000+ positive feedback.

I'll look to buy both here and eBay for P.C. and investments. I'll sell here first because of all the fees I gotta go through with eBay. I'll sell a little bit cheaper because of that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

More safe? I trust the feedback score, especially with eBay sellers that have 1000+ positive feedback.

I'll look to buy both here and eBay for P.C. and investments. I'll sell here first because of all the fees I gotta go through with eBay. I'll sell a little bit cheaper because of that.

That's a good point too. On big purchases (ie $50+), seller fees on eBay can be $5, $10, $15 dollars and more. If you sell it here, you don't have those. So really, if cards sold here for the same price as on eBay, the seller is making out much better....and that also means you can sell for less here and still make as much money as you would on eBay.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Onepimp hit it right on the head,I simply choose not to sell unless I get a fair offer.Ebay prices aren't what I base what I charge for a card anyways,alot of things have to be taken into account.If the card was pack pulled from a discounted blaster I'll charge less,if I have money that I spent invested in a card I would expect to get at least what I paid for it.You will never get people to try and highball the consumer because they do have other avenues to buy cards,we aren't the only site or place that sells cards.Take care Steve

I take into account as well what i paid for a card if i sell the same, but i find eBay easier, especially the two cards i have on ebay, i was told to pull down a card from ebay awhile ago but when i gave my price he said theres no chance i'll get 1/2 of what he wanted for...

so he is telling me i need to give him the card but refuses to pay my price? lol

those powersellers with gobs of feedback usually are the most troublesome, thats the people i've had my problems with, the problem is they have so much feedback and so many customers if one deal goes bad, they dont care because they have so much feedback

That's a good point too. On big purchases (ie $50+), seller fees on eBay can be $5, $10, $15 dollars and more. If you sell it here, you don't have those. So really, if cards sold here for the same price as on eBay, the seller is making out much better....and that also means you can sell for less here and still make as much money as you would on eBay.

regardless though people on here think fee's are more than they really are...i had a card that averaged $21.50 on ebay, i said i'd sell it for $18 shipped..person tells me with ebay fees iut should be lower..its only 6% on the 21.50 and right now ebay has free insertion fees, so thats about 1.28ish in fee's i'd pay, so really i'm giving him a better deal and people still want lower prices, also have to consider, selling on here, i dont beat shipping fees or paypal fees..

end case, no matter how cheap something is people always want lower, and when people do that to me and when i say no, they say they'll take it at my price, i tell them no, because simply i felt as if i was just lowballed and i'd rather sell it to someone who doesnt lowball me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast