Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2021 Regular Season Guess The Score: You can win a Jack Eichel Autograph!

2021 Regular Season Guess The Score: You can win a Jack Eichel Autograph!

The NHL is back, and so is a Sportscardforum Guess The Score Contest!

How does it work? It's easy! There will be a new thread posted for a game. You just need to reply in that thread with your prediction for the final score.

It doesn't matter if the score you picked has already been taken. Many people can pick the same outcome.

How does your pick win? Well, if you pick the exact score, of course that's a winning pick. What if nobody picks the exact score? We will go through this criteria:

1. If you pick the exact score, you win.
    2. If nobody has the exact score, the following criteria will be used:
    - Must have the correct winning team
    - Closest to the exact score of the winning team
    - If still tied, closest to the exact score of the losing team.

Here's an example:

The Edmonton Oilers beat the Chicago Blackhawks 6-3. Nobody picked that exact score, so I'll go looking for tie breakers.
    6 people picked the Oilers to win, so they're all still "in it".
    2 of those people had the Oilers scoring 6 goals in a win, so it's just down to them.
    One person picked 6-5, the other picked 6-4. The one who picked 6-4 wins..... if the scores picked had been 6-2 & 6-4, then there would be a tie for the win, and both people would get it. What if nobody picked the Oilers to score 6 goals? Well, then 5-3 Oilers would be the next best guess.

Nobody picked the Oilers to win? Then nobody gets the point. Someone already guessed the score you wanted to write? That's okay, there can be multiple guesses of the same score.

What can you win? SCF Reward Points! Why are those something you want to have? Well, if you look around the site you'll see there are members here that will trade their cards for Reward Points.... there's also the Reward Points store. Periodically there's been group breaks where you buy your slot with Reward Points, and Reward Point Auctions.

For each game that's posted, the winner will get 25 Reward Points, and one point in the contest. At the end of the regular season, whomever had the most correct picks will be deemed the overall winner, and they'll win this 2017 Leaf Executive Collection Jack Eichel Cut Autograph!

In addition to Reward Points, you will also earn points in our season long contest. Each GTS win will earn you 1 point in the overall contest, and the top 5 players will get bonuses of 25-20-15-10-5 points added to their totals.

EDIT: Since the "season long contest" never materialized, these top 5 slots will get additional RP payouts instead...to the tune of 2500, 2000, 1500, 1000, and 500 (this is on top of the 25 RP per correct guess).

To give you an idea of the scheduling on this contest: The NHL regular season runs for January 13th until May 8th. That's 115 days. I'm aiming for 150 games in the contest. That means there will be at least one game every day - and some days more than one. There will probably be a few days with none.

Typically I will post a whack of threads at the beginning of the week. You can guess the score immediately after I posted, or wait until right before puck drop. The deadline to enter will be mentioned on each thread, as game times to vary.

I'll keep a running total of who won, and when, in this thread. It will get updated weekly. All Rewards Points will be paid out at the end of the contest.

There has been a subforum added for all of the individual game threads here:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...-Score-Contest

I`m aiming to get more entries for each game, so this season I`m going to be using tags. If you`d like to be tagged when I post the new threads, please comment here and I`ll make sure you`re included. Anyone who participates - I`ll automatically add you to the list.

Good luck to everyone!

Standings (as of games completed on 2021/04/11):

@bigbenjobu 21
    @kallipolis 17
    @toddsr 14
    @pwaldo 11
    @jaswong785 10
    @jsokol1626 9
    @morasha7 9
    @scooby10672 9
    @30ranfordfan 8
    @Atlantaman 8
    @cjs-sportscards 8
    @GamerRoy 7
    @SgtMikal31 7
    @brosal04 6
    @ntlwhlr 6
    N/A 6
    @rjabreu88 5
    @LecavalierFan 4
    @MattDMC 3
    @opulent jupiter 3
    @Go4lieGr4b 2
    @cardscardscards 1
    @Cunnuc 1
    @pwskelly 1
    @RGM81 1
    @sparty07 1
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 05-10-2021 at 11:51 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm in

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'm definitely interested!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I'm in
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

This sounds fun. I'm in!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Really enjoyed doing this in the playoffs, I'm in
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds like fun - thanks for the contest! I'm in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/GamerRoy

Im In

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I am in. I missed day 1 but have guessed on each other day so far.

Thanks
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just did a big update (hand't closed any threads off since the start of the month). We have a new leader! @scooby10672

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast