Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Loma Linda, CA upset over possible mcdonalds opening in their city

For those of you who dont know Loma Linda is a city in southern ca with a large seven day adventist population and most of them are vegan/vegatarian.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/us...=vegetarianism
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

if the people don't eat there the business will go away. I don't see the problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if the people don't eat there the business will go away. I don't see the problem.

Agree. I haven't ate at mcdonalds in about 10 years or more. Also why can't mcdonalds think outside of the box and offer items to cater to its vegan/vegetarian patrons?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If they don't eat there then what is the problem? Those who do eat McDonald's will just be able to get a cheeseburger in town instead of driving to the next town to get it.

Curious thought. Would it be acceptable for meat eaters to oppose a vegan restaurant and require them to get special city council approval for a drive thru?

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they don't eat there then what is the problem? Those who do eat McDonald's will just be able to get a cheeseburger in town instead of driving to the next town to get it.

Curious thought. Would it be acceptable for meat eaters to oppose a vegan restaurant and require them to get special city council approval for a drive thru?

Unless the meat eaters in questions are trying to be knuckleheads there is no reason whatsoever for them to oppose a vegan restaurant. Remember the animals that you eat consume vegetables so it would be rather stupid to oppose people eating vegan because some of your food was raised on a vegan diet.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Unless the meat eaters in questions are trying to be knuckleheads there is no reason whatsoever for them to oppose a vegan restaurant. Remember the animals that you eat consume vegetables so it would be rather stupid to oppose people eating vegan because some of your food was raised on a vegan diet.

By the same measure, plants are fertilized by organic waste produced by animals and by the decomposition of animals after their death. So opposing eating meat would be equally stupid, correct?

My point was that I find it unreasonable to limit businesses based on personal choice. Limiting non-vegan restaurants by regulating their right to a drive-thru because you oppose eating meat is wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

By the same measure, plants are fertilized by organic waste produced by animals and by the decomposition of animals after their death. So opposing eating meat would be equally stupid, correct?

My point was that I find it unreasonable to limit businesses based on personal choice. Limiting non-vegan restaurants by regulating their right to a drive-thru because you oppose eating meat is wrong.

I'm not sure on all the legal logistics of it but it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

I'm not sure on all the legal logistics of it but it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

so true, you can go anywhere and eat a normal meal but as a vegan its almost impossible to go anywhere and eat something of a vegan nature, even here in Seattle a supposed very veggie/vegan friendly place you are limited to what you can consume. I know some restraunts tout veggie/vegan items but when you look at the ingredients they are not even vegetarian let alone vegan

SCF Rewards
    Country

it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

so true, you can go anywhere and eat a normal meal but as a vegan its almost impossible to go anywhere and eat something of a vegan nature, even here in Seattle a supposed very veggie/vegan friendly place you are limited to what you can consume. I know some restraunts tout veggie/vegan items but when you look at the ingredients they are not even vegetarian let alone vegan

Yeah I feel you on that. They have a few decent veggie restaurants here in atlanta but they are expensive. However if you drive a couple of hours away to south carolina and ask for something vegan they look at you like you are speaking to them in japaneese.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am basing my thoughts on this...

Still, in one sign of Loma Linda’s historical distaste for fast food, restaurants are required to go through a special approval process for drive-through windows.

They try to keep fast food from coming in by limiting their right to do business via drive thru. I wonder if vegan restaurants are also required to get special approval for a drive thru. I just think it is wrong to enforce your personal lifestyle on others.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast