Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

Fleer Hoops Hot Prospects

i posted this inside a different thread that doesnt seem to be getting any action, so here it is all by itself

Fleer Hoops Hot Prospects
    are these cards respectable? will they show any value later?

also, i saw a box of these for $20 last night, there were 8 or 10 packs in a box. online i see a box of these cards for $129. what gives? the online site didnt mention how many packs per box. but maybe the online site refers to boxes as a big box of the 8 or 10 pack boxes?

finally, wow, theres sooo many different cards out there these days. i read the side of the box to find out how many cards in the set and then i see base set 80 cards, special xxxx set 11 cards numbered to 300, white hot parrallel numbered to 15 blah blah blah. very confusing to me, how is a kid supposed to figure it out? how do i figure out which brand is the that will hold/increase its value and which are worthless to pursue?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was the box you saw retail? If it was, the odds of getting something good are slim. I got a retail box for my birthday and got like 2 inserts...lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'll bet it was retail blaster box,
    ok if you want to get some just to see what they're like.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hoops hot prospects is a respectable product but never buy retail packs of this product.... you will be lucky if u pull a gu card worth 12 bucks... if i were u i would go buy hobby packs... thats where your best odds are on getting good cards.... to be totally honest... a cards value is determined by what the player does.... michael jordan cards will always be worth money but lets say if vince carter were to quit basketball tomorrow his cards would probably end up being worthless.... if u want to collect cards that will be worth something in the future you have to choose the right player to collect...out of the new products i would try to find something with high value rookie cards..... this new rookie class is nothing compared to last years so maybe you would want to buy 03-04 stuff.... i will just say that lebron james cards will probably always have high value if he continues his great career...

SCF Rewards

whats a hobby box?

SCF Rewards
    Country

retail packs r the ones u find in stores such as target and walmart... they have the worst odds of pulling good cards especially with all the pack searching that goes on now adays(picking thru the packs for gu and autos)......hobby packs and boxes can be found in local hobby shops, card shows, and online.... they give the customer the best odds of pulling something nice.... each box will usually tell u what can be found in the box and what ur odds are.. for instance a box of hoops hot prospects will contain at least one autograph card, one patch card and one gu per box..... so ur odds of getting a good card are really high compared to buying packs of retail that guarantee one gu per box.... hobby is the way to go..... retail is just a waste of money unless ur looking for lots of commons to complete a set..

SCF Rewards
    Country

retail usually have odds of 1 in every 24 packs you get a gu or autograph.
    in hobby the odds differ but are usually about 1 to 10 or 1 to 8 some thing like that.hobby are more becuase you gte better cards than retail.

SCF Rewards

does a hobby box have the sme number of packs as a retail box?
    i mentioned earlier that i saw a box of the fleer in target for $20, then i saw a box of the same cards online for $129. the $20 box had like 8 packs in it, the online box didnt say.