Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Autograph COA Question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See AnubisFan73's Items on eBay

Smile Autograph COA Question

I won an autographed mini helmet of DeAngelo Williams through a Panthers swagbucks points program (http://pantherssearch.swagbucks.com). I got it Friday but didn't come with any kind of COA. When I asked them about it they said that all their autographed items came straight from the team but they didn't issue any COAs but the guy I e-mailed did guarantee its authenticity (I still have the e-mail).

My question, Would that e-mail be sufficient for a COA, if I were to try & sell or trade it? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paper-history's Items on eBay

Keep the email and when you deal/sell the helmet state where the item came from and offer them the email as proof. When people here that it comes from the team directly and from whom, most won't blink and eye at it.

dale

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See golfpro1210's Items on eBay

i'd get it pas/dna or jsa authenticated if you want a full return

SCF Rewards
    Country

psa/dna and jsa is just a piece of paper to keep your mind at ease, they have been known for authenticating FAKE autographs as well. as the saying goes a COA is only worth the paper its written on. oh by the way (psa has in small writing that if the item they authenticate as an authentic signature is found to be FAKE you will not get your HARD earned money back from PSA!!) the only real way to know you have an authentic autograph is to see that person sign it himself other then that you just have to go with your gutt feeling and with a little searching on the net there are some great sites with Pictures of authentic signatures just match them up and if they look authentic....thats pretty much what the psa jsa guys do and there not just one single company, you send your stuff in and its shipped off to who ever is avaible to authenticate it a good friend of mine who owns a card shop was approached by psa to be an authenticator for them he turned them down because he didnt like there ethics. there authenticators are a bunch of hobby store/card shop owners that think they know what they are doing there not PROFESSIONAL authenticators. Im an inperson autograph collector and have not sent one thing into psa why should i pay money for them to tell me if something is authentic or not that i witnessed being signed?? and im glad i didnt because another good friend who is also an in person collector sent in an item that i was a witness to and guess what it came back "Failed" and he didnt get his money back either. and again a player can sign his name 100 times and not once will it be the same. just giving my 2 cents you can take it with a grain of salt. hopefully it may help someone down the road.