Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'm interested to see what condition the vintage cards will be in

Im imagine fresh from the shoeboxes of the people who owned them.. lol

Hopefully the quality will be better than the buybacks I've seen (heritage box toppers and such) where there are creases and major damage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nolanryanseller's Items on eBay

hmm...i am hoping for a Rusty Kuntz '84 topps card myself...

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

hmm...i am hoping for a Rusty Kuntz '84 topps card myself...

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of cards distributed for this promotion will be viewed as nearly worthless. In fact, Topps did a somewhat similar promotion with their 2006 Topps baseball rack packs (three Topps "vintage" cards per rack pack). Of course, most people (myself included) got mostly ordinary 80's cards.

A couple of caveats:

• Be aware that the codes on the back of the redemption cards are not the covered scratch-off type. Anyone selling/trading them away may have written the code on a separate piece of paper before shipping the card. Then when codes begin to be accepted, they might punch in the code before the new owner of the card has a chance to punch in the code. I'm sure we'll hear a few stories about collectors getting ripped off in this manner. If it happens on SCF, notify any staffer with the details so that the scammer will face the consequences.
    • When cards are redeemed, Topps can keep the card for you in the same way they hold eTopps cards for collectors. Collectors can also choose to have the card shipped to them. Hopefully, when Topps ships the actual card, there will be no shipping/handling charge. That would not be a good thing, especially if most cards are commons. Does anyone know if there is a shipping/handling charge for eTopps cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes for etopps there is a charge

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tombb25's Items on eBay

I busted a box of jumbo yesterday and picked up 20 more of these today at my LCS from what Topps sent to them as a promotion, got them cheaper than eBay so we'll see what happens!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wonder what the odds of getting anything good are???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tombb25's Items on eBay

I don't want to know, it will diminish my hope!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dasbam84's Items on eBay

Awesome thread! Good luck to all, I got my 8 codes ready for the 15th

-BAM

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mattconn9's Items on eBay

Got 4 ready to go, can't wait! Good luck to all!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

After seeing this Topps promo video posted by doniceage, I realized there is a shipping fee for any cards you want shipped to you that you redeem.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1033817

I guess most people won't be jumping up to pay $2 or $3 to have a 1987 Topps Pat Tabler card sent to them, but a few people may get lucky since they are giving away at least one of each Topps base card made from 1952 to present.

There's also codes that will be redeemable for buyback auto and memorabilia cards. I originally thought it was just base cards.

The 1952 Mantle is a grand prize of sort. Every time you enter a card code, you get an additional chance to win the Mantle RC
    Last edited by stewart20rulz; 02-13-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast