Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone have tips for printing on card stock with photoshop?

I did it in best quality and 300 DPI but it lost quite a bit of the detail which I can understand but the problem I have is that the brightness on the printed sheet and the contrast is quite poor compared to the screen or when printing on glossy paper.

I don't wanna print vintage looking cards on glossy paper though, looks better on card stock but it just loses the brightness from the colour.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

when you have it professional printed , they require your convert the coloring format to cmyk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Welcome to the world of printing...

rule number 1
    If you wnat the same thing out of printer that you have on scren you have to calibrate your screen.
    To do so, you have to buy a SpiderWeb from datacolor (300/400$)

Rule number 2
    You have to work with color profiles in photoshop (it will mimick how the paper will react to the ink) But not all printers have thei printers benchmark.
    Or you can by a printer calibrer from datacolor again (300/400$ for that to...) Where your printer will print 22 pages of differents shades of colors and you will use your device to register them in your color profile so your screen can match your printer...

So if you are serioous about it, it's 600 to 800$ worth of equipment...
    If you are not: trial and errors....

Rule number 3
    if you print in a photo lab always use RGB setting when creating files
    if you print home made or with a printer, CMYK is the setting to use.

Why? Photo lab use chemistry to make the colors appear on the paper, Printers use ink that they throw in different quantity to mix them and make color. So the recipe is not the same, so you will have reddish color if you send a cmyk to a photo lab... The other way is not as bad, but you will see color distorsions.

Hope that help the whole community!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you ever have issues with the glue failing and the two sheets becoming separated?

SCF Rewards
    Country

For glue, I think double side adhesive sheets are better. I got some cards printed, they did not have the glossy finish. So I went to michaels bought a can of krylon gloss, sprayed the down and got the effect I want it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are the double sided adhesive sheets called and who makes them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Different brands, just search google. Also make sure your printer is printing on its maximum dpi.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Do you ever have issues with the glue failing and the two sheets becoming separated?

It can separate for one of three reasons:

1. I didn't apply the glue evenly.
    2. I didn't press and smooth the card evenly after applying the glue.
    3. I waited until the glue was dry before cutting the card edges. This is the one that sometimes gets me. By cutting the edges when the glue is still somewhat damp, it soaks it to the scored edges and seals nicely. Pressing the card after you cut it until the glue has dried will also help keep your card together.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My cards always seem to bend. Anyone else get this problem? Is my card stock not thick enough?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast