Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

RockiesFan33's Step by Step Custom Printing Tutorial

Hey everybody! I get a lot of PMs asking what materials I use for my customs and the printing process I use for my cards. So, I thought it would be easier to show you all just what I do beginning in Photoshop and ending with the finished cards. I hope you find this helpful!

1. After designing the card template, I make the individual cards and save them as JPGs. Everything I make, I save at 300dpi. Here are the dimensions of a typical card for me:

2. When I have 8 cards designed, I put them all onto one large image to print. I make sure to have a little spacing in between each card to make cutting easier. Here is a shot of that sheet as I'm putting it together:

3. The dimensions of the sheet:

4. When I print, I do it in Photoshop. Here are the print settings I use:

5. And the next screen for the print settings. I use HP Premium Plus photo paper for all of my cards. It's thick and glossy and cuts well.

6. Once the sheet is printed, it looks like this:

7. Then, I use my trusty Scotch scrapbooker's glue to adhere the card sheet to my card stock backing. Here's the glue, available at Target, etc.:

8. Here is the card stock I use for the backing. It's 140lb watercolor paper from Office Depot. They have a pretty good price for that paper, better than Michaels or Hobby Lobby:

9. The glue covers the entire back of the photopaper sheet:

10. Then I press the watercolor sheet down onto the photopaper, smooth it out and then flip it and smooth it again. Here's the sheet with the card stock attached:

11. Then I use my Fiskers trimmer to cut out the cards. I cut the excess off around the outside of the cards and then cut out each card individually:

12. Once cut, the cards are the same size as traditional trading card. They're slightly thicker than one card, but the height and width are the same:

SCF Rewards
    Country

13. The finished product, ready to mail out:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great tutorial.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That helped a ton to find out why mine haven't been coming out as clear as I would like. Turns out it wasn't the printer but that I didn't have the resolution up as high as I needed it to be. Otherwise, I do essentially the same thing to make my customs.

Great tutorial! Thanks a ton!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Great tutorial....

Now if I can just figure out everything else with photoshop... LOL!

SCF Rewards
    Country

very good tutorial

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome tutorial and thanks for taking the time to share this.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Brian, great info. Now if I could learn how to lift images from Photoshop Elem #7, I would have it made.

Thank you for taking the time!

Country

absolutely wonderful tutorial. the colors look really great printed out!

what kind of printer do u have?
    do u think u could take a picture of the side of the cardstock? i am just curious as to how thick it looks compared to a piece of paper.

SCF Rewards
    Country

absolutely wonderful tutorial. the colors look really great printed out!

what kind of printer do u have?
    do u think u could take a picture of the side of the cardstock? i am just curious as to how thick it looks compared to a piece of paper.

I'm glad y'all are finding this helpful.

I use an HP Photosmart Premium (c309 series) printer. It does a great job with my prints.

I tried to take a shot of the cards from the side, but it's tough to see it well. They're as thick as two regular cards together.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast