Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

EtherealSOC - (David Justice)

Please help me in welcoming the newest member to the Baseball Super Collector Hall of Fame, EtherealSOC. "E" has put together one of the most amazing player collection of David Justice. With everything from cards to cardboard clothing, there is a little bit of everything. Please take a few moments to review the collection stats. Oh, and be sure to check out the video also.

Total different Beckett-recognized cards: 1293/1753 = 73.75%
    Total different Auto's: 13/81
    Total different G/U: 43/112
    Total Oddball/Variations: 97
    Total S/N: 88
    1/1's: 1

There are still 534 cards on my wantlist, of which 427 are recognized by Beckett

Of interest, I also collect memorabilia, and have these highlights:

Three game-used jerseys (two from Atlanta and one from last season in Oakland w/pants), three game-used signed bats, a game-used fielding glove, 8 different SLU's (one of each of his), a custom Macfarlane, four signed OMLB's, 20 different signed and 40 different unsigned 8x10's, 15 T-shirts, 4 ceramic plates by Sports Impressions, several books, magazines and hundreds of newspaper clippings (very close to 1000). I also have all of the All-Star Game ballots from the years he played, and so many Justice posters (26) that I bought a retail poster display (the red-framed display you see at WalMart, etc.). I also have the PS game MLB Pennant Race (he's on the cover), the XBox game High Heat 2003 (he's on the back) as well as the DVD of A Few Good Men...Justice is seen hitting a homerun in a scene when Tom Cruise's character is watching a ballgame.

You name it, I have it, and if I don't I want it! From light switch plates to pins (I have seven different Justice pins) to a ticket brochure from the 2002 Norwich Navigators - Justice, pictured, had a rehab stint there in 2001.

Justice Have List (Word Document):
    http://mclairmont.webs.com/DAVID%20J...0CATALOGUE.doc

I have a video of my new card room that displays most of my Justice stuff here:

Sc application: EtherealSOC - David Justice
    Total different Beckett-recognized cards: 1293/1753 = 73.75%
    Total different Auto's: 13/81
    Total different G/U: 43/112
    Total Oddball/Variations: 97
    Total S/N: 88
    1/1's: 1

There are still 534 cards on my wantlist, of which 427 are recognized by Beckett

Of interest, I also collect memorabilia, and have these highlights:

Three game-used jerseys (two from Atlanta and one from last season in Oakland w/pants), three game-used signed bats, a game-used fielding glove, 8 different SLU's (one of each of his), a custom Macfarlane, four signed OMLB's, 20 different signed and 40 different unsigned 8x10's, 15 T-shirts, 4 ceramic plates by Sports Impressions, several books, magazines and hundreds of newspaper clippings (very close to 1000). I also have all of the All-Star Game ballots from the years he played, and so many Justice posters (26) that I bought a retail poster display (the red-framed display you see at WalMart, etc.). I also have the PS game MLB Pennant Race (he's on the cover), the XBox game High Heat 2003 (he's on the back) as well as the DVD of A Few Good Men...Justice is seen hitting a homerun in a scene when Tom Cruise's character is watching a ballgame.

You name it, I have it, and if I don't I want it! From light switch plates to pins (I have seven different Justice pins) to a ticket brochure from the 2002 Norwich Navigators - Justice, pictured, had a rehab stint there in 2001.

Justice Have List (Word Document):
    http://mclairmont.webs.com/DAVID%20J...0CATALOGUE.doc

I have a video of my new card room that displays most of my Justice stuff here:

I'm also a novelist and aspire to write his biography some day. You can read more about my reasons for collecting here:
    http://mclairmont.webs.com/lifelovebaseball.htm

Why David Justice? I've been asked that several times. It seems strange that a kid from Nova Scotia would devote a substantial collection to a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, who played for an American baseball team in Atlanta, and I suppose it is. The easy answer dates back to one of my first memories of baseball cards, when I bought my first pack of 1991 Upper Deck. As I remember, it was the first card in the pack, #363 David Justice. I still have that original card, as well as fifty or so duplicates.

Hidden Content | NFL HOF Player RC Collection: 221/284 (76.8%)
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Always looking for vintage stars/semistars/rookies in all sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See blueberry_12's Items on eBay

Thanks for the honor folks! The link to my have list is here and includes cards and non-card items: http://mclairmont.webs.com/david%20j...0catalogue.doc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Very nice collection! Congrats on receiving this honor!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rp7001's Items on eBay

Nice collection! I am at 73% myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

have a want list?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks all!
    @nevermore: that's an impressive O'Neill collection! The only problem with being around 73% is the next 27% - even if I found them - will probably cost as much as my house, lol.
    @magicpapa: here's the wantlist http://mclairmont.webs.com/wantlist.doc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rp7001's Items on eBay

Thanks all!
    @nevermore: that's an impressive O'Neill collection! The only problem with being around 73% is the next 27% - even if I found them - will probably cost as much as my house, lol.
    @magicpapa: here's the wantlist http://mclairmont.webs.com/wantlist.doc.

I agree, it will probably take me 3x what I spend on the first 70% to reach the 80% mark. I don't even want to think about anything past that.

That video was incredible! I must say that you've got me beat with regards to memorabilia. My entire O'Neill memorabilia collection consists of a single 8x10 photo, and it is not even signed!

It is always nice coming across another player collector, best of luck with the collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves St Louis Rams San Diego Padres
    Twitter: @@charbrian23 See Charbrian23's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

nice collection..I am also a fan of Mr. Justice since his rookie year with the Braves..

I guess I really should try to catalog my Ozzie Smith collection

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Tydog260's Items on eBay

Very Nice!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks all. I just bought another Justice collector's memorabilia so when it arrives I'll have a few awesome additions to share...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast