Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blog Entries
    Country

Just a rant that newer traders should read

Okay, so I trade with an unnamed member about a month ago. I would prefer you don't go to my feedback and find his name, because this isn't the point of this. I only want other new members to know when it is appropriate to leave neutral feedback. The trade was for 20 card team lots. Usually, you're expecting modern cards in good shape. Because the guy I was trading with was a new trader, he sent first.

I received 20 cards of junk wax several days later. Pretty disappointed, to say the least. Not usually worth my time or anybody's to trade something like this. But, I guess you suffer the consequences of not going into detail on what you're sending. So, I send him back similar cards to what he sent. Junk wax, basically.

So, when the trade is completed I leave feedback. "Excellent trader!" I say, even though this was a far from excellent experience. It's not worth my time, to go through hassles from "It was alright" or anything less than excellent.

After about a week, without feedback left for me, I send him a PM asking where my feedback is. Apparently, to avoid a situation, he was not leaving feedback. I had sent him "junk wax" and there was postage due. Of course I sent him junk wax! That's what he sent me. As for the postage due, it must have been a little slipup. After having a small issue with this with another member a few months back, I was not going to leave this possibility in the air. So I reply telling him sorry about the junk wax, but you sent me junk wax so I send that as well. They were dinged up? Must have been through shipping because these were near mint. Postage was due? Have no idea how that happened but I will be happy to reimburse you.

Now, you must have noticed my "No Trades/Buying/Selling tag. That actually has zero to do with a trading or site issue, but rather some possibly incorrect profile information. So almost a month later, this member sees his opportunity to take advantage of my supposed weakness. He leaves a blasting neutral, (don't bother to look in my profile for it, this is purely an educational thread) slamming everything, while I was stuck, as I had left him a positive.

If you've been reading, you would have learned a few things.

1. Don't leave a negative or neutral when you screwed the over guy.
    2. Just because you're trading online doesn't mean you're protected. Maybe if I become famous later on, I'll let everyone know what a jerk the guy is. (hey, if I become famous I'll do that to everyone who's done bad to me)
    3. Attacking someone at a time of weakness (or supposed weakness) is not right.
    I hope newer members learned something here about trading etiquette.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See zachsaints52's Items on eBay

Thats pretty messed up. I know me personally you helped me learn some things in the new trader business. Sucks someone would do that though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (29)
    Country
    See js19087's Items on eBay

Im not new but i have been screwed before except mine was worse mine was autos

Blog Entries
    Country

Im not new but i have been screwed before except mine was worse mine was autos

I don't really care about what was wasted. The feedback is what really bothers me. I feel for you on the autos.