Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rpbluesman's Items on eBay

Molina00 - (Ramon Nivar)

Please join me in welcoming Molina00 to the Baseball SuperCollector Hall of Fame with his super collection of Ramon Nivar.

-----------------------------

Player Name:
    Ramon Nivar
    Number of Cards: 130 out of 222 total cards recognized by Beckett
    Percentage Total: 58.6%

Statistical Breakdown with 1 of 1's
    RC's: 19/20 (95%)
    GU'd: 19/30 (63.3%)
    AU's: 21/44 (47.7%)
    #'rd: 76/158 (48.1%)
    1/1's: 2/30 (6.7%)
    Minors: 2/7 (28.6%)
    Total: 130/222 (58.6%)

Statistical Breakdown without 1 of 1's
    RC's: 19/20 (95%)
    GU'd: 17/20 (85%)
    AU's: 21/37 (56.8%)
    #'rd: 74/128 (57.8%)
    Minors: 2/7 (28.6%)
    Total: 128/192 (66.7%)

Unrecognized by Beckett
    2003 Donruss Rookies Orange County #26 (3/5)
    2003 Playoff Prestige Orange County #210 (1/5)

Additionally, I have 7 uncertified signed cards, a signed 5 x 7 photo with COA, a signed OMLB, and a game used Rangers jersey from 2003 with certification from MeiGrayGroup.

Why I chose Ramon Nivar
    As a top prospect for the Rangers a few years back I had high hopes for this kid having a future with the club, but unfortunately his big league career didn't pan out. I hadn't really planned on supercollecting Ramon until I was looking through my Ranger rookie cards one day and found I had quite a few of his first year cards, no doubt acquiring through trades on SCF. I thought it would be fun and challenging, without being too costly, to collect someone who didn't have a whole lot of cards on the market and wasn't overly expensive like Mike Young or Pudge Rodriguez. I was wrong about the not very costly part. It is very difficult, if not nearly impossible to find his cards #'rd below 20. There are only a couple of others I know of that are available and are grossly overpriced, so that's the reason for only having a pair of 1/1's. He has the most unique autograph I have ever seen too. I have to respect a guy who's signature includes John 3:16 and "I Love Jesus".

My Website: http://www.centerfield.webs.com/
    Under Personal Collection, go to Player Collections, and select Ramon Nivar. I have pictures linked to all my items except my newest auto card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats, Matthew.

I'm collecting players that are just so expensive (like Lincecum and Jeter), that I decided to try collect someone super low end, Ramiro Pena, so I get the feeling. lol. People wouldn't fight with you with those cards too.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Molina00's Items on eBay

Congrats, Matthew.

I'm collecting players that are just so expensive (like Lincecum and Jeter), that I decided to try collect someone super low end, Ramiro Pena, so I get the feeling. lol. People wouldn't fight with you with those cards too.

Yahoo, I made it!

Thanks. One good thing about Nivar is, despite being pretty low end, he still has some great and hard to get cards out there. Now if I can just figure out where all of his 1/1's are hiding I'll be in real good shape.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Mets Boise State Broncos Syracuse Orange
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

congrats! I'll keep a look out!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

congrats! I'll keep a look out!

Thanks. That would be much appreciated. I am having a hard time finding ones I need now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Nice collection! Congrats on receiving this honor!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (63)
    Country
    See whyfly10's Items on eBay

Congratz man, I am as well a low end player collecter. You seem it is easy at first, but it gets harder as you go.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

This is a much more impressive collection than I thought, now that I see the breakdown! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks everybody!

Andrew, if my little collection can impress a Vlad supercollector I must be doing something right. The breakdown isn't as good as I would ideally like. I just wish I could find some 1/1's and minor league issues somewhere.

WHyFLy, you got that right. Collecting Nivar was pretty easy to start with. Now almost all I need are the low #'rd/hard-to-find items.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So you all won't think I got my badge then gave up, I just picked up my first Nivar item in almost 3 months. Yes, it took that long to find a card I need that wasn't rediculously priced.

My newest addition:
    2003 Bowman Chrome Draft Gold Refractor (#'rd 1/50)

That gives me 131 different and 59% overall completion, 67.2% not counting 1/1's. If anyone has anything else I need please contact me.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast