Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Official Review: 2010 Press Pass The Legend Of KISS

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Press Pass for providing us with this box.

24 packs per box
    5 cards per pack
    Current Retail Price: 38.99-49.99 (online)

Product Description

- 100-card base set
    - KISSIGNATURES - Authentic autographs from Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter
    - ROCK STAR RELICS - Authentic band member-worn memorabilia cards.
    - POP-UP INSERT CARDS
    - FIRST EDITION & PROOF EDITION PARALLEL CARDS
    - KISS KUTS - dual autograph and memorabilia cards

WHAT WE PULLED

Base: 100/100 (100%)
    Dupes: 8
    Black & White Parallel: 6
    First Edition Parallel /33: 1
    Cyan Parallel /25: 1
    Pop-Ups: 4

FINAL RATINGS

Base: 5/5
    Design: 4.5/5
    Fun: 2.5/5
    Value: 2/5
    Rebuy: 1/5

Total: 15/25 (60%)

Since acquiring the license to produce KISS cards, Press Pass has released a few sets to honor to rock group that has rocked the stage for close to 40 years. The Legend Of KISS is the latest release. There are 100 cards in the base set that centers around the main four members of KISS (Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss). The cards are designed as paintings of the men in various poses from from performances. On the back of each card is either a little story about KISS or a piece of a larger picture that you can create by putting a small 9-card series together.

Outside of a 6-card Pop Up series, there are no inserts. The Pop Up cards are perforated cards in which you can stand up the members of the band. There are three parallels to be found. They are the Black & White series, 1st Edition (numbered to 33) and Cyan (numbered to 25).

Collectors can chase after three different "hit" programs. Rock Star Relics features memorabilia items worn by the members of KISS. KISSIGNATURES are autographs of the guys. Finally, there are KISS KUTS which combine a memorabilia piece with an autograph.

Being a huge fan of KISS as far as I can remember, I had a lot of excitement going into opening this box. Unfortunately, my expectations were missed completely. With that said, the base set is amazing. It's a wonderful look at the members of the band with and without the makeup. Turning the cards into paintings is a nice touch. The graphics team deserves a pat on the back for this one. But sadly, that's the lone bright spot. After a few packs in, this felt like torture to open. Though I'm not one to search only for the "hits", I was severely disappointed upon discovering the odds of acquiring one (1:90). Once you open a box, there's nothing to draw you back to get another. Yes, you could go after the couple of parallels, but I don't think many would. I'd be surprised to find more than a handful of devout KISS Army members that would open more than one box. I know things are limited when focusing on four men, but there simply isn't enough value in these boxes to warrant multiple purchases.

Once again, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Press Pass for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on their products, you can check them out at www.presspassinc.com.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-28-2010 at 02:20 PM.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Thanks Press Pass!

Cards look nice, any idea what the odds are for the signatures etc?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Thank You press pass and thanks Tony for the review. I think it's a nice feature when you can complete the base set in it's entirety from one box.

Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Nice break and review! Thanks, Press Pass, for providing this!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

I'm not much of a collector of non-sports cards, but these look somewhat interesting. It's too bad there isn't much for inserts...something commemorating their albums, or their singles that were #1, may've been a neat idea to have as inserts...not sure how many there were of either, but it's just an idea that came to me. Anyway, thanks for the box, Press Pass!

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Nice box, I haven't collected much in the way of non-sports cards but this is a nice product. Thanks Press Pass.

P.S. I am re-asking the question above does anyone know the odds of the memb. or Autos in this product, thanks. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

These actually look coll!

SCF Rewards
    Country

those cards actually look pretty cool!!! thanks for the box Press Pass!!

Rory

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice box, I haven't collected much in the way of non-sports cards but this is a nice product. Thanks Press Pass.

P.S. I am re-asking the question above does anyone know the odds of the memb. or Autos in this product, thanks. Daniel

"Though I'm not one to search only for the "hits", I was severely disappointed upon discovering the odds of acquiring one (1:90) ."

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I have been a huge Kiss fan for years, I like the look of the cards and the design..Thanks Press Pass..Ed
    I only trade by Beckett price guide, not eBay comp or SV, TV..I also do not collect any Panini or Donruss Baseball products..