Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elton Brand signs offer sheets w/ Miami: STERLING TO MATCH!!!????

Elton Brand has signed an offer sheet with the Miami Heat for 6 years $82 Million
    And now, prepare for the apocolype- Sterling will probably match the offer, considering he ACTUALLY OFFERED $80 Million over 6 years. He will spend for the first time in franchise history!
    One of the true signs of the end of the world is upon us!
    Prepare for hell to freeze over and pigs to fly
    And more importantly- doomsday

I don't think Sterling will pay

Last year, Brand and his agent told Sterling they would take $70M if he would extend Brand's contract before the start of the 2002-03 season.

Sterling refused.

Now, the price is up to $82M

Given Sterling's history....I doubt he'll pay

sterling has already offered brand a 6 year $80 million contract...i think he'll match this one

i wonder where he is gonna go and how much sterling will put up for him...

Sterling will pay to keep him, he has already lost Andre Miller basically, and he is not going to give up his best player- Brand.
    No way!

wow... you guys are right. Read in the LA Times that Sterling will match it.

yikes!!

The Clippers owner is actually spending money

Want to know something interesting about the Clippers?

During these last few years -- 4 to 8 -- Sterling has PROFITED in annual revenues, despite bad bad teams

isn't that amazing?

Most teams are built on the owner taking a loss in revenues in the hopes of building a franchise name (Lakers, Yankees) and then selling it to the new owner for more than he bought it for.

but Sterling is making lots of money with mediocrity

lolol

Jerry Buss bought the Lakers for about $1M or thereabouts back in mid 1970s.

Now, the franchise is worth the most in NBA (not sure the value, but they overtook the Celtics in the 1990s)...should Jerry Buss ever decide to sell the Lakers

by the way, the whole contract explosion in NBA was started by Buss, who gave Magic an "astounding" guaranteed $25M, 25-yr contract (the money was guaranteed...regardless of the years)

Buss is one of the best owners in sports. He leaves the decisions to people who know the game.

I'm very disappointed about Brand. The Bulls were stupid to get rid of him when at the time he was the only star on the team. If the Clippers don't re-sign him they're just as dumb.

the only person more clueless than Sterling is Jerry Krause...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast