Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Penny Sleeves Question?

Is it just my imagination, or is it easy for a card to get damaged when you put it into a penny sleeve (corners particularly). I am putting my cards in penny sleeves, then top loaders (except for the ones I am grading), what is the easy way to do this without damage?

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

I know that some are slightly smaller than others and those are the ones that you really have to be careful with because corners will get dinged! I use the ultra pro brand and do not have that problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

Yeah, I recommend using penny sleeves before putting in the top holders because over time the card will stick to the plastic and if you'rre not carefull removing the card it can take a piece of the color off the card.

SCF Rewards

Ultra Pro is what I am using...I think my problem comes in when I put the card into the sleeve. It is tough sometimes to get it in without dinging a corner. I read somewhere about cutting the sleeve corner, but I don't know about that...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

never cut the sleeve corner...you are asking for trouble when you put it in a top loader then...because it is more likely for te corner of the card to slide and nick itself on the top loader....just take your time sliding it into the penny sleeve....enter one corner into the sleeve and then rotate the card into it....you shouldn't have a problem then...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See petrov84's Items on eBay

I've never really had a problem putting the cards in penny sleeves. Try putting the card in one corner at a time, and then lower it in. Then lower the penny sleeve into the loader.

SCF Rewards

Thank you all for your comments and advice!

SCF Rewards

Get the BCW top loaders -- very nice quality, but it's a tiny bit more expensive

Ultra pros are a bit too thin and too flexible

that's been my experience

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

I cut the corners of the penny sleeves really carefully... and go that route... works fine for me

SCF Rewards

Where do you get BCW loaders? I've only seen Ultra Pro's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast