Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got my hands on a Smalling book around 1993 and my first ever success was Buddy Harrelson. He added two cards and they still look great to this day!

my first active player success was Tim Bogar in 1994. Sent him a letter after a big game he had against Atlanta while with the Mets and he also sent back an additional card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I was growing up I wasn't even aware that you could send your cards to players and have them sign. As a kid I got all my autographs IP at the game or afterwards. My first success then was in 1982 with Greg A Harris, he signed my polaroid picture I took of him. Unfortunately that signature rubbed off and all I'm left with was a smeared polaroid. I did get Joe Nuxall when he came to my school to give a speech, one of the few to have survived my childhood.

I had pretty much given up on the hobby until this year when I started sending TTM and my first successes were Sparky Anderson and Bobby Doerr back-to-back. Since then I've been hooked.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

One of my Pirates heroes, Dick Groat. He signed my Little League glove about 9 years ago. I sent it to his golf course (Champion Lakes Golf Club) in PA and he kindly signed it in some thick black magic marker/sharpie. The sig has faded a little and the glove has seen better days but you can still read it. I was thinking of sending it to him again to sign it with a silver sharpie.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See don't have ebay's Items on eBay

my first ever return was from george brett when i was back in 5th or 6th grade. I was already psyched because George was such a great player, but then once I got more into it, I realized i was one of the few people to have ever received him back TTM, which makes it even more special.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (7)
    Country

Patrick Roy :D

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hoopsquad44's Items on eBay

Joey Votto last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike Schmidt 1988. Still have the signed letter and 5x7.
    Don Mattingly around the same time. Officially my second TTM. 1 Signed 5x7

SCF Rewards
    Country

my first was jim mcmahon in the late 80's he sent me a signed 5x7 black and white.come to think of it i think that was my first autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got Bo Jackson when he was with the whitesox...it was just a pre-print but it will always be my favorite success.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nutter025's Items on eBay

Mine was when I was much younger... just say a story on TV about Steve Palermo, the umpire (read the story online if you don't know what I am talking about) and sent him a letter... he signed 4 index cards for me... still have them in my PC and have no desire to get rid of them despite getting him a couple more times since then :)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast