Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Country

the_future hit it on the head - only he added Felton to the list of players, who I had forgotten about. You can't tell me that the Lakers (or the Magic, for that matter) have better young players than what the Knicks have to offer, can you?

Andrew Bynum is better than whatever the Knicks have, plus Caracter and Ebanks are nice young cheap options.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the_future hit it on the head - only he added Felton to the list of players, who I had forgotten about. You can't tell me that the Lakers (or the Magic, for that matter) have better young players than what the Knicks have to offer, can you?

I love how you underlined the word "young", it makes me smile.

Anyway, like others have already mentioned, if the Lakers wanted to they could offer JUST Andrew Bynum and that alone would probably be enough...so there's a BETTER YOUNG player for you.

Even the Magic have better and more attractive pieces to offer than the Knicks.
    Here's a list:
    Jameer Nelson
    Rashard Lewis
    Vince Carter
    J.J. Reddick
    Gortat
    Pietrus
    Quentin Richardson

Now the Mavs and Blazers are in the mix it seems and the Lakers are out, but I wanted to make my point. The Mavs and Blazers have better pieces to offer than the Knicks as well, as far as I'm concerned from the 4 teams that are in the running for Paul, the knicks are on the bottom or 3rd at best.

Blazers:
    Rudy Fernandez
    Jerryd Bayless
    Nicolas batum
    Luke Babbit
    Greg Oden (long shot)
    Lamarcus Aldridge (long shot)

Mavs:
    Caron Butler
    Shawn Marion
    Wesley Mathews
    Rodrigue Beaubois
    Jose Barea
    Deshawn Stevenson

BUT, if Chris Paul got some kind of assurance from Melo that he would be opting out of his current contract and signing with the knicks next season than I could see Paul really making a push for the Hornets to trade him to the Knicks. In reality though, the Hornets can get better pieces from the other teams I mentioned, just saying.
    Last edited by CandyMan23; 07-22-2010 at 01:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I heard Chris Brussard just report that the Lakers are out of the picture, and Portland and Dallas are in. Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted, lol. With that said, I hope he ends up with New York or Orlando....more competition out east to challenge the Heat.

But, I'm willing to bet no trade gets done, there's just going to be too many low-ball offers to get anything done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't see him going to the Magic because of Jameer Nelson already being there and the chemistry that that team seems to already have. Why ruin a good thing? The Mavericks would be an attractive option with an aging Jason Kidd. The Blazers would become legitimate title contenders if they got Paul and could keep Oden healthy, and the Knicks obviously have the whole "new big 3" thing going for them. I think he is likely to end up on the Knicks, but I think that Portland would give him the best chance to win. If the Hornets got good young pieces in return (which Portland has) and some draft picks, they could be competitive again in a few seasons. I'm not sure if anyone really followed them this year, but Darren Collinson tore it up in Paul's absence and could be a great replacement. He was averaging close to 20 and 10 as a starter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't see him going to the Magic because of Jameer Nelson already being there and the chemistry that that team seems to already have. Why ruin a good thing? The Mavericks would be an attractive option with an aging Jason Kidd. The Blazers would become legitimate title contenders if they got Paul and could keep Oden healthy, and the Knicks obviously have the whole "new big 3" thing going for them. I think he is likely to end up on the Knicks, but I think that Portland would give him the best chance to win. If the Hornets got good young pieces in return (which Portland has) and some draft picks, they could be competitive again in a few seasons. I'm not sure if anyone really followed them this year, but Darren Collinson tore it up in Paul's absence and could be a great replacement. He was averaging close to 20 and 10 as a starter.

Nelson would be part of the trade - so he wouldn't "be there" if Orlando got Paul.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nelson would be part of the trade - so he wouldn't "be there" if Orlando got Paul.

That's my point though, I don't think that they would want to deal Nelson because of the chemistry that he has developed as the point guard of that team. A team that has gone to the ECF and the NBA Finals in the past two years shouldn't get rid of their point guard and risk the chemistry.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

That's my point though, I don't think that they would want to deal Nelson because of the chemistry that he has developed as the point guard of that team. A team that has gone to the ECF and the NBA Finals in the past two years shouldn't get rid of their point guard and risk the chemistry.

Lets be real, any team would trade Jameer to get CP3 without thinking about it
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a warm and fuzzy thought...

And any GM would be fired the instant they didn't trade for Chris Paul because of chemistry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its not like the Hornets were a terrible team last year. Collison was a great fill in and could be a pretty good starter in a couple of years. Marcus Thornton had a great rookie season and will be a great scorer next year. They have good depth at the forward positions with the additions of Pondexter and Brackens. As a die hard Hornets fan I have heard trade talk with CP3 for the past month. But just now one of his friends says something publicly it means he is getting traded. I think he stays with the hornets this year because there is no way they will trade CP3 cuz he means too much to New Orleans Basketball. We just need CP3 committed again. This is article shows what I am saying.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=16892

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gamboooler's Items on eBay

Andrew Bynum isn't enough to get them to trade Paul. He's better than Okafor, but he's always hurt and they already have Okafor locked up long-term. Even though he's the best player mentioned, the Hornets would be better off taking some combination of Randolph, Chandler, Gallinari, Azubuike, and Eddy Curry's expiring deal to fill out their roster. Bynum, although he's good when healthy, would be redundant unless they could also move Okafor (which they almost certainly cannot in anything but a salary dump).

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast