Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bamlinden customs

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great customs! I'm not a hockey fan, but those Ultimate Masks ones are great!

SCF Rewards
    Country

These are great

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for all the comments everyone. This site is a great place for customs. There are a lot of designs and creations that inspire. Keep it up.

I recently finished a golf set for a fellow collector who asked if I could take some autos he got and turn them into some cards. I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

Here are the actual finished products cut and assembled.

An example of the front

An example of the back

Here are the rest of them. Enjoy.

Thanks again everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

These are unbelievable! This set turned out perfectly. I always enjoy your updates!

SCF Rewards
    Country

My nephew has discovered Star Wars. :D

I had hoped he would as it really captured my imagination as a kid. The movies, the toys, the costumes, Vader! Everything about it was cool in my books.

I had some of the Star Wars cards as a kid but it was something that never really tweaked my interest as much as hockey card collecting.

Over the last couple weeks, I have been taking a closer look at the Star Wars cards that are out there nowadays. The variety and designs are really cool. But there is one section of cards that really do it for me - sketch cards.

I just can't get enough of these. The crazy thing is that I have no desire to collect them.....I want to make them.

I found some printer paper that I think will do the trick. I built a simple template, a sharpie marker and pencil crayons and voila.....

A couple custom sketch cards are born. What can I say.....IG-88 is one of the easier guys for me to draw. I ended up borrowing a couple drawings online as inspiration for my cards.

The coolest part is that I am going to take some blanks over to my nephew's house and we can spend an afternoon drawing away. Just for us.

I can't wait to see his version of Boba Fett!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again some great work...those golf auto are sweet and the sigs kinda resemble a golf course layout. Cool work on the Star Wars cards also.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Again some great work...those golf auto are sweet and the sigs kinda resemble a golf course layout. Cool work on the Star Wars cards also.

Interesting.....I never noticed that.

Glad you like them and thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, it's only been forever since I did nan update here. I've hardly had a moment to work on customs, but have found a way to get a couple designs in.

I'm a huge goalie mask fan and on my blog, I do a little poll asking people to rate various mask designs. For fun, I thought I would mock up a custom card to showcase the featured mask. It's a simple design, but I like the way they turned out.

With ITG's newest release, Between The Pipes, now out, I finally got around to designing what I think would make an excellent insert set.

The Masked Men are my favorite cards from the release and really showcase some great masks, but the backplates I find get no love at all. Why? They often have more personality than the front. So, here's my idea...

I would love to have the balls to pitch this idea to Dr. Price himself as I think it would be a big hit.

Thanks for the look and keep those customs coming. I really enjoy seeing them.
    Last edited by bamlinden; 04-17-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: photo resizing

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW!! Amazing stuff....love your work please keep them coming! Did you happen to complete anymore sketch cards? I would love to see some more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW!! Amazing stuff....love your work please keep them coming! Did you happen to complete anymore sketch cards? I would love to see some more.

Thanks for the compliment. In fact, my nephew and I did do some Star Wars sketch cards. Thanks for asking.

This was my next attempt. Again, faces are my enemy so I went with the Jawas. My niece thought they were cute.....

...so she tried one. Nice job kiddo!

Now here's what it was all about for me. Seeing my 8-year-old nephew building some cards. Such a simple concept, but I love the end result.

Boba Fett........Boba Awesome!

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast