Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mangonz312's Items on eBay

question for set collectors

i was wondering how you all store and manage your sets? this goes for auto, gu, or just base/insert sets

i ask because i have been putting together various base, gu, and auto sets. i would like to put them into binder pages but i was wondering if they make binder pages for oversized cards that might fit toploaders inside for the auto/gu sets. im also wondering if anyone puts cards into penny sleeves before placing them in the 9-pocket pages? im asking because ive noticed that some sleeves fit well inside the pockets but some are too wide and kind of ripple inside the pocket

edit- im also wondering if D-ring binders are better to hold the binder pages because i have noticed that all the card sites that sell supplies only sell D-ring binders?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Good questions. I have a few sets, and some of them are in 9-pocket pages (1993-94 Hoops 5th Anniversary Gold series 1 set, 1994 Classic bkb, and 1999-00 Hoops Decade). I didn't put them into penny sleeves beforehand because my pages are not as wide and the penny sleeves get rippled when I do that, but if your pages are wider, that might not be such a bad idea. Extra protection couldn't hurt.

As for bigger cards, I don't know if they make special pocket pages for those. I've never seen any myself, but maybe you can search online to see if there are some available.

Finally, I am not sure what the difference is between D-ring binders and other binders. I just bought the first binders I saw at the store, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

D-rings are a must because of the straight part of the D. That is where your pages will stack up. If you use a regular round binder, the cards could get damaged pretty easily after the pages start adding up and work their way around the ring. Ihope that makes sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

-mando- You mean you want to put a GU card in a toploader in a plastic page? I'm not sure that would work. It would fit in pages for postcards, but the pocket would be way too big...so the toploader might flop around. I keep my toploaders in the box informally known as the "shoebox", but I guess your point is you want to display them in a binder.

{ps. I hope you get your cards for our trade. I have a PVI receipt.}

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mangonz312's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by LakersMC
    -mando- You mean you want to put a GU card in a toploader in a plastic page? I'm not sure that would work. It would fit in pages for postcards, but the pocket would be way too big...so the toploader might flop around. I keep my toploaders in the box informally known as the "shoebox", but I guess your point is you want to display them in a binder.

{ps. I hope you get your cards for our trade. I have a PVI receipt.}

ya, thats what i was thinking, i have never seen these 4 pocket pages in person but on a site they say that they fit 3 1/2 by 5 pictures, i was thinking that a 3x4 toploader might fit well inside them, i dont even know if they make them anymore though because i just realized that the site i found them on hasnt been updated in 2 years and i have never seen them anywhere else, does anyone know where i can buy some?

and ill let you know when i get the cards, it doesnt surprise me that i havent gotten them yet, the mail here has been really slow coming in lately

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by -mando-
    ya, thats what i was thinking, i have never seen these 4 pocket pages in person but on a site they say that they fit 3 1/2 by 5 pictures, i was thinking that a 3x4 toploader might fit well inside them, i dont even know if they make them anymore though because i just realized that the site i found them on hasnt been updated in 2 years and i have never seen them anywhere else, does anyone know where i can buy some?

and ill let you know when i get the cards, it doesnt surprise me that i havent gotten them yet, the mail here has been really slow coming in lately

-mando- I have some postcard pages at home. I'll try it later today & let you know if it fits ok or not.

PS. UltraPro makes them. They still make them for postcards, oversized basketball (e.g. 69/70, 76/77), etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

you can also usually pick those up at a comic store.. i know mine sell 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9 pocket pages..

SCF Rewards
    Country

-mando- I put a thick GU toploader in the 4 pocket pages (for postcards, etc). Way too loose! Not sure what the 6 pocket pages look like (that tutal mentioned).