Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

[HELP] Common questions and answers

Question: How do I delete a inventory item.

Answer:

Hit the My Inventory tab and search for the card and once you find it, in the action column, you have a Delete link on the card row to the left of the card information. This action come with javascript confirmation before you can delete it.

A other way is to edit the card and set the quantity to zero and press the submit button or hit the ENTER key.

Question: Can I upload more then one image for my card?

Answer: No. You can only upload 1 images per unique card. Also if we do not have the image in the OPG database, we will copy the image to help us populate the card database of sample of each card. 0.5 CC will be awarded once a month to all member that uploaded a image and was accepted to be hosted in the OPG database. Mainly we will pay once a month directly into your account. A entry should show how much you got.

Having the quantity set to more then 1 does not let you upload a image for each. Next year, we plan on adding a player collector's module that will allow unlimited entry per unique card and much more feature and personal note along with many images. But that module will not be free, just should not be too expensive. That is all I know but this is where we will go all crazy with ton of features.

Question: Can I have the same card set as PC and as trader at the same time?

Answer: No. The free inventory is made to be really light, to allow us to offer it free to all members. Already the image hosting this will cost us and the database requirement and ressource is not free. So we made it light and as fast as possible to be afordable and a great tool for all member to use free of charge. Like in the previous answer, next year player module will offer much more then the free inventory fo real collector that want to have more features.

Question: I had several hundred cards posted for sale in my inventory until August 27, 2010. About this time the site changed its inventory system and lost all my inventory. Are they still there?

Answer: Yes, we just remove the old link and added the new link. The old application and the data can still be access, here the link you may be looking for
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/carddb.php
    Like I said we only remove the link on the top forum. Member can still access it via all other link found on the site like the link in the postbit still are good.

Also on the usercp page you will notice a Card DB Management section with all the link you use to have on the top.
    Manage Inventory, Add Card, Import/Export, Edit Showcase
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 08-31-2010 at 01:24 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had several hundred cards posted for sale in my inventory until August 27, 2010. About this time the site changed its inventory system and lost all my inventory. I go to "my inventory" and I see "grandpadude inventory 0 (0%). Can anyone find my lost file or is it lost forever? This must have happened to other members. How about some help? grandpadude.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I had several hundred cards posted for sale in my inventory until August 27, 2010. About this time the site changed its inventory system and lost all my inventory. I go to "my inventory" and I see "grandpadude inventory 0 (0%). Can anyone find my lost file or is it lost forever? This must have happened to other members. How about some help? grandpadude.

We just remove the old link and added the new link. The old application and the data can still be access, here the link you may be looking for
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/carddb.php
    Like I said we only remove the link on the top forum. Member can still access it via all other link found on the site like the link in the postbit still are good.

Also on the usercp page you will notice a Card DB Management section with all the link you use to have on the top.
    Manage Inventory, Add Card, Import/Export, Edit Showcase

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank you Luke, that works just fine. It is good to be working on my cards again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi Luke,

I just wanted to thank you for the free inventory service. I was about to ask you a couple of questions, before I found this post. One of my quesions has been answered in this thread (the one about placing cards in your PC and as a trader at the same time) answer understood and accepted.

My other question has to do with searches for a certain manufacturer. Has anyone else tried to contact you regarding a difficulty searching for Fleer BB cards? For some reason I can't find any of my '89 or '91 Fleer cards.

I'm very pleased with this service and your database, great work. Thanks again.

Daniel (aka The_Franchise)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Hi Luke,

I just wanted to thank you for the free inventory service. I was about to ask you a couple of questions, before I found this post. One of my quesions has been answered in this thread (the one about placing cards in your PC and as a trader at the same time) answer understood and accepted.

My other question has to do with searches for a certain manufacturer. Has anyone else tried to contact you regarding a difficulty searching for Fleer BB cards? For some reason I can't find any of my '89 or '91 Fleer cards.

I'm very pleased with this service and your database, great work. Thanks again.

Daniel (aka The_Franchise)

We have two manufacturer that have no card flag and fleer is one of them. It will get done in the coming months. Often Fleer is in the set name so you will have to use it in search and should pull most of them out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reply Luke. It's good to know that I can still search the database with the tip you just provided. Again...great work with the database.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (388)
    Country

Hello

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but I can't seem to upload any images for the cards that I am inputting in my inventory.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

I hope this is the right place for this.

While adding cards to my inventory & wantlist, while I was uploading images of them I discovered a few that aren't in the inventory database. How do we add those to the checklists on there?

I almost forgot how much fun this was....The thrill of the hunt! lol

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Not sure if you mean a card is not in the database, if so read this whole response. If you mean the images that you may see when you do a search for a card you do not have, then is done automaticaly as each tima a member upload a card, it make a copy for what we call the OPG image archives. So no worry this is automated and we pay like once a month 0,5 Card Cash only if we did not have the image. Use the contest tab, big image uploader can win prize as well as we have a monthly contest running. But let say you upload 100 images and we were missing 80, then eventually you will get 40 CC. IF we have the image already then you get nothing. We also validate these images and if the scan is out of focus, Not standing straight or sideway, we may refuse it and you will not get the CC for these. Check my trader to see what we like to see, mainly a image well crop and we do not see much more then just the card. This is made to help member to see what a image look like and this is why we refused the image too smallm badly crop, dene with a camera and image is distorted. etc...

If you mean a card is not listing at all, read the rest:

The Inventory/Storefront Feedback forum as subforum for each sport. Select the right forum and post request there. each sports have members that know their sports well. Sometime it might be because you have the set spelled different then our set name we gave. Sometime when you do not find, less is better. Also a plauer full name and a card number can help. Card number have the be the same as in our database.

So if you want a Hockey 2010-11 UD Artifacts we could have it entered as 2010-11 Artifacts. Other site and our site mayb not always have the exact set name.

Also it may be due to player indexing. If a player was not index yet and you put Ken Dryden, it may not pick a card entered as Dryden/ Cheever multiplayer cards. So try just the last name. If the player was index then it should pull them but we may have miss some. Nothing is perfect and this is why sometime you put the last player name, the brand only like topps, artifacts and the year. If you do not find it then most likely we do not have it and you need to post a request.

But many new user, do have to adapt a bit at first but usually get the hang of it really fast for most. So try less and often you will get it.

Also if you collect a certain player, use the player search. If you see zero cards, use the Index this player link in the action column. That should perfom the player indexing for you player. Then you can also add it to PC using the link on the first colomn and this will add a handy link on the right menu inside the My Inventory tab. this will put tow link, one for all the players cards and one for your stats from the player.

If you have any questions, just start a new thread in the Inventory/Storefront Feedback forum. Give you more visibility the a reply.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 11-13-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast