Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Any TTM'ers ever "rip you off"?

As I always say, "no one has to sign anything for you and never send something that you feel you can not loose". I have had some TTM'ers that have kept my money and items without any response. Some hurt more than others but I learned. And yes, I know some of you will naturally say, geez, they sent my TTM request right back. What are some of yours? Here are a few of mine for the past 3 years:

George Gervin (Foundation) - $5 & 8x10
    Laila Ali (She Bee Stingin' Inc.) - $5 & 8x10
    George Shuba (pretty old) - $5 & 2-CICs
    Deacon Jones (Foundation) - $10 & 8x10 previously signed by Merlin Olsen & Roger Brown (this one hurt a lot!)

SCF Rewards
    Country

As I always say, "no one has to sign anything for you and never send something that you feel you can not loose". I have had some TTM'ers that have kept my money and items without any response. Some hurt more than others but I learned. And yes, I know some of you will naturally say, geez, they sent my TTM request right back. What are some of yours? Here are a few of mine for the past 3 years:

George Gervin (Foundation) - $5 & 8x10
    Laila Ali (She Bee Stingin' Inc.) - $5 & 8x10
    George Shuba (pretty old) - $5 & 2-CICs
    Deacon Jones (Foundation) - $10 & 8x10 previously signed by Merlin Olsen & Roger Brown (this one hurt a lot!)

I remember seeing that in Jones' entry in the database when I wanted to send, that had to suck, especially after follow up letters.

I haven't had anyone rip me off yet, I don't take many shots in the dark, much less with fee/donations on unreliable guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Timmy Brown - I had a 1960 Eagles team photo signed by 8 guys. I sent him a letter asking him if he would sign it and he responded that he would be happy to. I included the Photo and ten dollars, and never saw it again. I've seen a few returns from him that were sent well after I sent mine.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boyscout Peyton Manning ripped me off, send $10 bill to his foundation included my ticket stub from last years Dolphins/Colts game with a LOR and SASE, received my ticket stub unsigned back 5 months later, $10 bill was MIA.
    Last edited by the305; 09-01-2010 at 10:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so far for me its been ( all player cards )

Gale sayers 1/1 $5.00
    Herb Adderley 1/1 $5.00

only other retired athlete i have sent to with a donation & not recieved back yet, has been steve young. That was early August, so prolly still in the pile.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Ouch! I feel your pain from here, man. That hurts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wherron1304's Items on eBay

I had a couple of the Negro Leaguers from the '09 Allen & Ginter set rip me off last year. $5 each, one of them was Frank Evans, and the other was Willie Williams.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can't always blame them personally though.. Remember, a lot of things can happen during it's trip there, being at it's destination, and getting back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

AL KALINE!!!!!! romlb and $25, i really beleive this guy just hates me im 0/3 with him. ive seen plenty of returns for him, aftre and before and he is still signing! ohwell. maybe it was my mailman? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

i had the same luck with peyton manning as well sent 15$ with a sporting news mag and didnt get it back signed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast