Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155
Results 1,541 to 1,543 of 1543

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Nice Cal & great pic - it would be nice to get the pic personalized.

SCF Rewards
    Country

finally got out!

Long time no post! Hope you guys are still reading this!

I got out graphing again a few times over the past month or so, but I haven't had time to post until now. Got some all-time successes up there with the best in my collection!

This is probably because work is so busy that I have to pick and choose my spots, and I only go for top flight graphs for the time being. Quality over quantity to maximize my time.

So, without further ado...

My brother and I have a borderline inappropriate obsession with Jack Black. We love his movies. Shallow Hal, Saving Silverman, School of Rock, hilarious cameos, Tenacious D. He's just great.

Sure enough, Tenacious D was performing at a venue across the street from my apartment, and we decided to camp the stage door. Aside from some "sidewalk police" tough guy roadies trying to tell us we couldn't wait, things went pretty smoothly. We even got to hear some of the show (like my favorite song "tribute") from our spot outside.

However, when the concert let out, our private spot at the stage door became cluster-effed by 20-30 people. What's more they made us wait in a spot that was about 50 yards from the stage door and it was FREEZING out. We had also heard that he was hit and miss this tour with signing. We had primo spots on the front of the fence, but had to fend off some european girls trying to push in and steal our spot on the grounds that "Boobies on the front row would attract him, no?" No, ladies, it most likely does not work that way.

Jack came out and was AWESOME! He took his time, signed for EVERYONE there, took selfies with everyone. He also signed multiples IF you had aid merchandise (like band gear and stuff). My brother and I had printed 8s so he would only do 1 at a time, but he did not seem to mind people getting back in line. I got a school of rock and a tenacious D photo, my brother got a saving silverman "mime" photo and an "orange county" photo. The only letdown for my brother was that JB would not inscribe the mime photo "I'm a mime" and claimed not to remember the joke. Man, that joke is EPIC so that sucks.

He took a selfie with me as well!

He was making jokes with the crowd and generally being awesome. Super cool guy. Much chill.

The second autograph I set out to get was possibly even bigger game. Those of you who follow this thread may know an NFL white whale of mine was Adrian Peterson. The times I had gone for him he had not traveled due to injury. He apparently signs regularly so this was always a bummer and I always figured I'd never get another chance.

And then the Redskins signed him, and he stayed healthy for the Philly trip, and I HAD THE DAY OFF! Game on.

I timed my arrival with the bus, got there about 20 minutes before the bus.

When he got off the bus I called him over, he came right over and signed 1 per for everyone, maybe 15 people there. He was being really nice.

There was one small bummer- IDK if it was the rain or that the pen was old, but my paint pen wasn't flowing very well. My auto came out OK, but other peoples' did not (he ran with my pen).

I spent 3 days or so obsessing over it, wishing I had given him my brand new pen, or let someone else hand him a better pen. But, if that hadn't gotten into my head it likely would have never bothered me. It's a perfectly fine graph and it

I was in and out within 25 minutes. Super easy night.

I was told he signed 2-3 more times that trip. Dude was racking, and being real nice.

Another white whale all-time great off the list!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome stuff as usual!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145152153154155