Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow,I'm speachless.

It's probally hard to answer..But whats your favorite piece?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

Wow,I'm speachless.

It's probally hard to answer..But whats your favorite piece?

Skittle -

Thanks for the comment.

As far as my favorite piece... you're right, it is hard to answer because most of my autographed items have great stories when I got them signed (I'm an IP guy... can't do TTM...)

A rundown of some items and why they rank as favs:

1890's Spalding Seamless or "Inside Out" Baseball. I'd only seen catalog pictures (actually drawings) of these balls (VERY Scarce) until I found this one two years ago at a flea market. (Paid $8. Value is Est around $2,000)

Nolan Ryan GU AU Baseballs (I own two) from his Final Season - 1993. One came from a friend's old card shop in Lewisville, TX, the other came from my best friend of 30+ years from the Rangers Museum Store.

Matt Holliday GU AU 2007 WS Hat - inscribed 1st WS Game Used. Matt got to know who I am a long time ago when I showed up with his 2000 GU Spring Training jersey (#84 - he was WAY down the pecking order) - his 1st MLB ST. When I obtained the WS hat, Matt verified that it was his and added that outside of the one game they wore the all back caps, he wore this cap with purple bill for the other three games so it is one of 2 WS hats of his.

Jason Giambi Rockies Uni - photo matched to his 1st Game, 1st AB and 1st Hit as a Rockie.

Eric Young Jr Rockies Uni - photo matched to his 1st (and only) MLB HR which I recovered in 2009.

Michael McKenry Rockies jersey (new item) - photo matched to his MLB Debut and 1st AB.

What can I say.... I like pieces with good provenance and some history!!!

All the best -

Smitty

PS - Happy Thanksgiving!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's been almost a year sine I last posted on this thread... so I thought I would update my Basement Pics...

So here is the current Basement configuration:

Smitty's Basement / Man Cave

The pics are set up so that if you run the slide show, it would be like you started at one section of my basement and walked around looking at each section as you go...

Hope you all enjoy!

- Smitty

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello All!

It's been over a year now since I posted here... lots going on with work and life... and the collection.

I've moved almost all of my cards - keeping one set (1952 Berk Ross) and a few smaller auto subsets and such - moving to almost all memorabilia,

That said, I'm even 'trimming the memorabilia fat' as it were as I move towards a more focused collection based on a few players both Vintage and Modern.

I am currently reworking my photos which will mean a 'redo' of my Photo Bucket. It also means I will have a lot of stuff available for sale right around 'Black Friday' in a few days.

All the best -

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12