Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Detroit Lions Fined 200K

SCF Rewards

now that is just silly.

you should be able to hire who you want.

A white coach who loses lots of game will eventually be fired anyways

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Hire who you want, sure... but at least give minority canidates a chance and interview them. At the very least it gives them experience for the next job interview.

...and the fine is against the dude, not the Lions although I'm sure the Lions will end up paying it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well it was quite obvious this would happen Iggy cuz all they wanted was Mariucci

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Well sure, everyone knew they wanted Mooch, but rules are rules and when you violate them, you face the persecution.

SCF Rewards

I think 200k is a silly fine for not interviewing minority candidates; that would be hypocritical of the Lions, who, with Matt Millen - once a member of the 49ers organization -- jumping at the chance to get Mooch as soon as Mariucchi was let go

SCF Rewards
    Country

all the league says is that you must at least interview a minority candidate, not hire him/her just interview...

SCF Rewards

i really am not to fond of that rule i am not a racist but say there 90% black coaches there would be no way they could make a majority hiring rule the black people would think it was a racist move
    now i am not a racist but requiring you to do a certain thing based on race seems a little racist i guess

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by Ichiro
    i really am not to fond of that rule i am not a racist but say there 90% black coaches there would be no way they could make a majority hiring rule the black people would think it was a racist move
    now i am not a racist but requiring you to do a certain thing based on race seems a little racist i guess

matt millen is an idiot anyway, listen maybe you don't understand, but no one said just black coaches, but minority coaches have never been given a equal playing field, I remember a time when they said blacks were not smart enough to play QB, they are just saying let's equal out the playing field...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

I think it's stupid. If the Lions knew they were going to Hire Mariucci and everybody else knew they were going to Hire Mariucci, what's the big deal. Yes I believe that minority coaches should have a fair chance to get the job, but why waste their time when they already know they're not going to get the job because the team has already made it public that they want to hire Mariucci no matter what. I know that I wouldn't want to waste my time and would feel stupid going to a job interview for a job I know I'm not going to get, so why would anybody else feel any different?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast