Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

How to create categories in your inventory

In version 0.9.2.6, SCF is glad to annouce that we now have a images bucket style with home page. This will create similar effect then what everyone is used to in PhotoBucket tags but so much easier to create, more so if you have already thousands of images. I delete and re-created my category or if you prefer tag in less then 5 minutes. PC and trader. Because the SCF Free Inventory working with a card database where that card attributes are set already for you, you can create a Auto section of all your autograph trader in less then one minutes since you do not have to tag each image. Also it will list any card that does not have a image. Something PhotoBucket will never do, nor will they allow you to search many hundred of bucket in one text search as comprehensive as our Inventory can be with all filter you can apply to find exactly what you need.

Now to create a new category you on your Inventory home page. you can hit the link from any of you post as you have a link to your public inventory home page. IF you have no category, the home page will list all of your trader. As soon as you add categories, they will list on your main home inventory page. Check my new SCF Inevtnory Bucket flavored.

View my Inventory New

Now to create a new category, you need to hit you home public page of your own inventoy under the Inventories tab. Then create the query you need by simply making the search needed and set you sorting order and the view type. For instance to create a player tag for Crosby, I did a search on "Crosby", made sure I am set on the trader tab, set the sorting by user BV descending to have my best Crosby that I currently have to show first. Then I click in the Images tab and click to set the zoom to level 1, that show 4 image per row. Now I have the query, sorting and view type all set, time to hit the

Here on the previous image you see what the new Inventory home page look like. The image that will show is always the first image that come with the associated query you created for the category. So images will change as you trader will go and come in the inventory.

Here I set all User Book Value for all my big cards and PC items. This way I can sort my group by User Book Value descending and it will show the image of my card that book the most.

You can create tag if you can make a query in your Inventory that fits the tag purpose. So rookie, Auto, mem and serial card are all possible. By print run too. Create all the palyer tag you need, PC player tag. The only thing we are missing is the team attribute but we will do our best to get this coded before the end of the month.

To edit or delete any category, hit the My Inventory tab then on the right hit the
    Edit your inventory
    public category

Now if you have no category the list will be empty but once you have some you can simply edit the order in witch the categroy will list in the front pages and you can edit any title as well. If you need to edit the actual query, delete the bad one and create a new category.

Hope you will enjoy this new feature.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

is there a way to sort for base and inserts?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

There were three things we were missing initially, the team card index, The player index and the cards set attributes. The feild exist and are build in both the card and cardset table but we never set them. This is why we can't filter them yet. I need the OPG staff to run a check for each cardsets and set the right manufactuer and cards set attributes.

Eventually, we will do set them and this is when I will be able to code the filter in the front end to query them. The only thing we did set is the base set but even this need a review.

No need to code a filter if the query return nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

EXTREMELY helpful, thank you for putting the effort into helping everyone.

Joe

SCF Rewards
    Country

Howdy, i added an Auto PC list & not all of my autos show up in it ?!? Is there a way to add to it ?!?
    & i have over 100 memorabilia cards & 13 show up ?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TyrantsASupremeBeing; 05-21-2011 at 01:06 PM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

A category is a query. A query does not have to include a text search. Here you did two thing,

1 - You set it to be PC
    2 - You set the Autograph as the text seach.

So only PC with autographs in the set name will show up.

What you need to to is delete this category, then go to your public inventory, click on the PC tab, then select the autograph attribute on the left filter section. This will select all PC with a auto on it. Doing the text search was your mistake. All card have a feild called isauto and if true the these cards are flag as having a auto on it. Search the text only match text in the full card text but attribute are not set there.

Now you can also set the sorting order and image view with zoom if you want so they come up in the order you want them.

Then only you click to create a group once the query is exactly what you want. Just give it a name and it will work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A category is a query. A query does not have to include a text search. Here you did two thing,

1 - You set it to be PC

What you need to to is delete this category, then go to your public inventory, click on the PC tab, then select the autograph attribute on the left filter section. This will select all PC with a auto on it. Doing the text search was your mistake. All card have a feild called isauto and if true the these cards are flag as having a auto on it. Search the text only match text in the full card text but attribute are not set there.

Now you can also set the sorting order and image view with zoom if you want so they come up in the order you want them.

Then only you click to create a group once the query is exactly what you want. Just give it a name and it will work.

How do you delete ?!?

SCF Rewards
    Country

1 - You set it to be PC

Howdy, i did that, not all autos show up again ?!?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Answer is in the initial thread

edit or delete any category, hit the My Inventory tab then on the right hit the
    public category link

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Howdy, i did that, not all autos show up again ?!?

Be more specific on what you do if you want me to help you. If you follow the tutorial you should ve able to do it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast