Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Commonly Used Acronyms

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thecardyshack's Items on eBay

Ah. So that's what TTM stands for. I've been trying to figure that out. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wackysplus's Items on eBay

Ah. So that's what TTM stands for. I've been trying to figure that out. Thanks.

I was stuck on that one the other day, since I don't sell cards as much as buy. Someone asked about paying TTM so I mulled it over for awhile and finally figured it out. Knowing the subject we were discussing helped, but it still struggled for a spell before it came to me. Or came back to me, I did read this list over a long time ago, but it's hard to remember them all. I should shortcut it but I keep procrastinating. :-)

PWE is a good one to know along with that one, which is Plain White Envelope. Most people send in a bubble mailer I've found and appreciate, but you'll still find those who use just a regular envelope which can tear open easily in transit. Not so good.

Happy trading!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Dana for the tip. I will keep that in mind. Like I said, I am new to this and I've wondered how they would be shipped. It send a padded envelope would be best and I would prefer, myself. Thanks again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wackysplus's Items on eBay

No problem noob. Are you familiar with the PayPal Gift vs PayPal Goods? That's another one you'll be running into. Keep in mind, when you pay as a gift, in PP's eyes you are simply giving money to another party, so buyer protection goes right out the window. You'll see in my signature that I won't do PP Gift. I rely on PayPal to process a lot of sales for my business (not card related) and the last thing you want to do is give them a reason to become suspicious and hold funds. I've already had a fellow collector get a warning about accepting payment as Gift when it really isn't. PayPal's rule of thumb is pretty much guilty until proven otherwise, so I'd refrain from doing anything that isn't 100% above board. If you want to try to cheat them out of fees by claiming gift on an actual goods transaction, I'd suggest rethinking that idea. Again, the last thing you want is them putting a hold on your money while they investigate. And they will hold it all, even if their problem with you is a $5 transaction. See my point?

I'd just assume pay a seller an extra buck than risk any problems, and eliminate your buyer protection at the same time. After all, how do you file a complaint about an item not received if you said it was a gift? Play by PP's rules or you're bound to get bit eventually. They offer a service, so they should be paid their fees in my opinion. And with those fees comes the protection they offer with it as well.

Welcome to the boards, maybe we'll end up doing a trade some time. As Goods of course. ;-)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I appreciate it. I'm already learning alot! And yes I do hope we can work out some trades out. It might be awhile before I get all my cards listed on here though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very Helpful, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sages_Sport_Cards's Items on eBay

wow fish i found this earlier but it was still very helpfull thanks

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout(46)
    Country
    See m3equals333's Items on eBay

very helpful but what is "ttt"?

more commonly used on these types of forums as "Topps Triple Threads"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Excellent!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (44)
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks

When I 1st joined online trading I was confuses aswell..one of the terms I heard alot then that I had to ask someone what it meant was

SASE- Self Addressed Stamped Envelope

those are used in dealings when someone wants to give you a card for free but they dont want to spend money to send it to you..so you send them a envelope with another empty envelope inside that has a stamp and address on it.
    Hi I'm Grant I collect all Kraken in a Kraken uniform that I do not already have. Epack user name - xiiytras. I super collect Kam Chancellor, Marcus Trufant, and Jarran Reed.
    Link to my Hockey Traders - Hidden Content

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast