Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Commonly Used Acronyms

Great post thanks!

But I cant find RC in the list and havent figured that one out yet... so what does RC mean?

/perken

RC= Rookie Card I would say. Someone correct me if it means something else here.
    Last edited by dc12205; 04-17-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Just wanted to add a couple that are used a lot when dealing with Topps (or other brand)..

VAR = Variation (a card that has the same checklist number as another card in the set but differs in some way, either photo, stat back, logo, etc)
    SP = Short Print (a card printed in lesser quantity)
    SSP = Super Short Print (an artificially scarce card, printed in low numbers by the manufacturer)
    RF = Refractor (card printed on highly reflective foil, can be colorful)
    SRF or SF = SuperFractor (typically a 1/1 card, the "king" of refractor cards if you will)
    SN:XofY (Serial numbered e.g. 1 of 10. This card has a stamped serial number of X out of a total of Y cards available)

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRic View Post
    Just wanted to add a couple that are used a lot when dealing with Topps (or other brand)..

VAR = Variation (a card that has the same checklist number as another card in the set but differs in some way, either photo, stat back, logo, etc)
    SP = Short Print (a card printed in lesser quantity)
    SSP = Super Short Print (an artificially scarce card, printed in low numbers by the manufacturer)
    RF = Refractor (card printed on highly reflective foil, can be colorful)
    SRF or SF = SuperFractor (typically a 1/1 card, the "king" of refractor cards if you will)
    SN:XofY (Serial numbered e.g. 1 of 10. This card has a stamped serial number of X out of a total of Y cards available)

Hope this helps
    Thanks for these @YankeeRic! Some new ones I've never seen before.
    John 3:16
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

There is a minor modification for the forum software that I can add which can pop-up common acroynms... is there any value you all see for this?
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

I will add the above posts acronyms to the list when I get home from work today.

Hey Rybowski, Thanks for the info. This does help quite a bit. HA-HA. Thanks again my friend..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789