Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Love the show - long-time listener, first-time caller

Hi I'm Rob from Cincinnati.

I've been collecting for a long time, the first non-hand-me-down cards I remember getting were Topps 1981 Football, first set that I built completely was 1984 Topps Baseball (I can still remember Bill Almon was the last card I needed to complete it). I got out of collecting around 1993, then back in when Archives came out in 2012. Now I mostly collect the Topps flagship Baseball - RIP Football :-(, casually set-build Heritage and Archives. I also do Cincinnati Reds team breaks of Chrome, Ginter, etc. Consider myself a Votto and Dalton collector, but I'm not going after insane cards. Not in my budget.

My best accomplishment is collecting all 18 2012 Topps Chrome Andy Daltons. I have the superfractor, all 4 printing plates, and all color variants. Very lucky that all five 1/1s made it out of packs and into the hands of people who went through the effort of selling. I sometimes feel bad that I have kept the few printing plates I've opened in case there are player collectors out there, but they're also cool and I want to keep what I open generally, unless I can't turn it down.

I wanted to post to also get a little advice. I stopped at a random small town Walmart in central PA looking for Archives on Thursday, but they didn't have any. So I "settled" for a blaster of Heritage and pulled a red-ink Aaron Judge auto 48/68. I know right? I want to get it graded, but I've never done it. I registered at PSA, and it seems like the 1 year subscription with six card grade voucher is the way to go for me. I want to get my three superfractors graded (2012, 2013 Dalton, and 2014 Tony Cingrani), a 2013 Giovani Bernard auto in the 1986 style /140, and the Judge red ink. Seems the way to go. I can find a 6th to send I'm sure. However, while the others fall into the stated < $500 range, I'm not sure the Judge does. Some sold for under that, but recently have been selling > $1000.

Any advice on how to properly do this would be appreciated. Don't want to mess it up.

Thanks!

Rob- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Never graded with PSA before so I can't help you there but congrats on the Judge autograph pull. Awesome card!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

You listen to too much Bob & Tom lol. Anyways welcome to SCF!
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

I see you joined in 2012. Welcome back on SCF! That Judge auto sounds incredible. What a pull! Hoping you can get it graded, among others. Hope you find the help you need.

I would ask around or post your baseball card PSA Grading questions in the Baseball forum perhaps?

Here's the link:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...all-Card-Forum

Hope this helps! And best of luck growing your collection.
    Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Welcome to SCF and a sweet pull on the Judge Auto!
    Football: Marcus Mariota, Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks, Doug Martin and Dak Prescott!
    Baseball: Graig Nettles, Harmon Killebrew and Derek Jeter!
    Non-Sports: Silver Surfer Comics, Star Wars Comics/CCG/Cards
    Hidden Content

IMG_1279.JPG

Thanks everybody for the advice. I saw my registration was 2012, had to have been right when I started collecting again. That's right when Archive came out.

Here's a pic, no idea why it keeps rotating left, oh well. You get the point. I like that the numbering is well positioned on the sleeve so you can see it pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that Judge is killer! Welcome to SCF....
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Welcome to SCF! On top of the Judge, that's still a pretty impressive Andy Dalton set to collect.
    New York Giants Super Collector!!

Hidden Content for inserts and Hidden Content for GUs/Autos

looking for a vertical auto of Matt Ryan, David Johnson, and David Wright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast