Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gooner_Singe's Items on eBay

damn, i like fleer, there products are cheaper and have better hits. someone talking about how all the superstars of Fleer would sign with other brands, imagine if Upper deck gets the majority of them, If Fleer is out, then would Upper Deck along with alot of the fleer players on there list just bump the prices of there products up more even tho there already so high...?

Texas, Hope you got that Redemption in last week mate

SCF Rewards
    Country

That would be sweet if d/l/p bought them IMO d/l/p is the best out there in Customer service

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Once upon a time...I had some faith in Fleer

Hey I'll call to check on my card + put an end to this rumor!!

1 ringy dingy...2 ringy dingy..on & on until line goes dead.

The End :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yup I read it on the beckett mesg. boards, they laid off 80% of there employees, and they say noone has bought them out yet, would be cool if donruss bought them out, I can see it now, donruss elite basketball, w/150 different parallels for 150 different insert sets.

Quote Originally Posted by adadas101
    Yup I read it on the beckett mesg. boards, they laid off 80% of there employees, and they say noone has bought them out yet, would be cool if donruss bought them out, I can see it now, donruss elite basketball, w/150 different parallels for 150 different insert sets.

i'll give them $5. i'm a little short on the cash though, maybe they will consider.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I attempted to contact the customer service number 1-800-343-6816; however, it rings non-stop. In addition, I contacted the sales number 1-800-338-1347 and I received the same results. Therefore, I called information & acquired there local number 856-231-6200. With the phone service, they give you an option of phone directory by name. I entered that option and hit 2, followed by # sign, which gave me a list of names I could contact. With that list I hit 2 and finally contacted a real person at Fleer; however, she was unable to help with my questions & informed me to call the customer service line. I explained to her that the number keeps ringing & she stated, "they are very busy & you have to be patience." In addition, she stated, "there was nothing she could do to help because she has nothing to do with service." She gave me the impression that she did not want to answer any questions. I wish I would have asked her about Fleer's bankruptcy status.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See paper-history's Items on eBay

It's official now. This article is in today's Trade Fax by Sports Collector's Digest.

FLEER FIRES CARD STAFF, LOOKS FOR FINANCIAL OPTIONS

Fleer Trading Cards dismissed its trading card employees Friday, leaving several employees to run the die-cast division and CFO Chris Tobia to look to sell the company in the coming weeks.

The company has been dealing with financial shortfalls for several months and last week cancelled plans to attend this weekend's NFL Players Rookie Premiere photo shoot in Los Angeles. Sources told Trade Fax the company had meetings with some of its licensors last week to discuss their financial straits. In addition, sources say one of the company's printers refused to release several upcoming products because of unpaid bills.

Current owner Roger Grass and his father, Alex, purchased the company from Marvel Entertainment in 1999. Marvel had purchased Fleer in 1992 and SkyBox in 1995, merging the two companies into Fleer/SkyBox.

Fleer was shopped around last year and existing card companies had submitted offers to purchase the manufacturer. Grass opted not to sell and the company invested money in product upgrades and promotional initiatives. Those companies are now left to assess if they would still be interested in purchasing any of Fleer's brand names, including its Fleer Collectibles line of die-cast vehicles that Fleer execs have said has been a profitable line for the company.

Also to be decided is whether licensors will look to replace Fleer's brands, particularly in basketball, where Fleer is the league's longest continuous licensee. The NBA would have only two active licensees.

Fleer is the industry's second-oldest trading card manufacturer, with sports-card roots dating back to the 1950s. It ha been a continuous licensee of baseball since 1981, football since 1990 and basketball since 1986-87 and was recently a WWE licensee. The company also produced hockey and racing cards within the past decade as well as entertainment cards and a collectible card game.

The news reached dealers over the weekend, and they responded with justifiable concerns regarding preorder payments and redemption cards. Within the industry leaders, even those awaiting an overall reduction in brand quantities were hit hard by the news. As one distributor told Trade Fax, "Yes, we've been struggling with a glut in the marketplace, but these were my friends."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fbcards4all's Items on eBay

so has there been a definitive answer regarding outstanding redemption cards yet?
    looking for autos/game used/RCs that catch my eye. always looking for autos of stars and rookies..autographics, SOTT's, 00 award winning sigs, 99 gridiron gear, sanders, woodson and brady that i don't have..other stuff..just ask

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See supplystud's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by fbcards4all
    so has there been a definitive answer regarding outstanding redemption cards yet?

LOL :new_silly

I feel bad...I had that thought as my first thought also. Then I realized that all those employees just found out that they are without a paycheck etc etc etc.

Yes it is too bad that we may not get our redemptions...but that is probably not the worst side of this whole situation.

SCF Rewards
    See poo-poo-on-you's Items on eBay

They got the last laugh on us again

It seemed like all their stuff was just chock full of redemptions recently. They probably knew they were going out and just put out the boxes to make some quick bucks. I have a stack of envelopes about a foot high. That just sucks when I add up all the $$$ I have into those boxes.
    I did hear that last night they were going out. Maybe Trump will buy them out, they needed new management anyways. They are a joke concerning customer service.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast