Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

How to set the team of my cards

This is a first implementation of the team card attribute, the goal is only for member to be able to create team category in their inventory for cards with image ONLY. Just the front end section let you query a team once you select a sport. We will keep improving this in time but the idea is we have to start somewhere and having the ability to flag inventory items with image, let user create category like they do in bucket for any team and show all cards with image he took the time to flag.
    We will take request to add more team and correct errors. I still have to add Racing team. I should have this done in the next 24 hrs, will reply here when they are imported. Baseball, Hockey, Football and Basketball both have major and minor pro or college team. we work by league and on request will maybe add more league. Also we have a feature to list active team or all team. That still need some review and tweaking per league, but using all team list active and past team for the league. We also may break some league in east west if the sport manager decide to do it.
    Mainly let see this as a start to flag the team of all cards, see more on how the project work by reading this text or check this demo
    Team video/demo in flash and can be viewed in a browser with flash plugin installed.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/demo/TeamAtt.html

The team project explained

Since it's almost impossible to set the team of a card with no image unless you use player statistics and take into account when they were traded to a other team. Even there, how can one be sure that the trade is taken into account by the manufacturer, it's not possible unless you have a image to verify that fact. This is why we let you set team only if you have a image uploaded in the inventory.

You will not be setting the item in your inventory record but will be setting the card directly in our main card database. The card will then be set for all members and users to see. Eventually, we will set the team when importing new release but this is not yet coded either. So we do have 4,800,000 cards to set and it will not be done in a short time period.

Since you can set any card that you have a image and has not been set by a other member then you can set them. If a team is missing you can request for us to add the team. You can set the card to skip and staff will handle them later like we validate the OPG image.

Since you will be setting card directly and not just for you but for all members as well. We will have some simple rule for all to follow.

Simple rule to follow

If the card show a player in a Montreal Canadian jersey and has a Montreal Canadian logo on the card, this one is simple to set: Montreal Canadian.

If the card show a player in a Montreal Canadian jersey and has a traded too Minnesota Wild AND OR a Minnesota Wild logo, then card should be set to Minnesota Wild. If not member will see the team in listing and can report error for us to fix and this is something we would fix to Minnesota Wild. The inverse would not be true. So we would not set this card to Montreal Canadian if a member ask us because we can only store one team per card. Eventually we want to upgrade it to multi team per card but we want to start this in a simple manner and let member create team tag for all their card with image to match other feature offered elsewhere and let you tag your card with image really in a easy and fast interface.

Multiplayer card, unless all players pictured are from the same tema, please set the card to SKIP THIS CARD. Do not set it to the team of your choice if multiple team are present. We will consider it as a error. We ask you to wait until the application can allow multi team to be set per card and this will not happen any time soon. In the back end, staff will review all skip card and place them in various special team record not part of any sport so will be hidden from members eyes but will give us a way to better handle setting multiplayer cards in the future when we head that way.

If the card is not showing any thing related to a team, please set the card to SKIP THIS CARD.

If a card team is not listing in various league we offer, you can request to have us add the team and wait to flag cards until we add the team. If the team is added within 24 hrs for you then you can always edit your team setting,. See next point for more on this.

If you make a error because you went to fast, you can review any entry for a period of 24 hrs

The link show just under the list of team and the card images.

Review the card you have set in case you made a error.

past this period the item is not available to be set by you or any other members. Only the OPG staff will have the ability to change them for you. One can use the report system to report any team addition needed as you can always select any card to report and choose not related to this card and explain in the text field what your request it. If the team is added in 24 hrs then you can go back and edit the team yourself.

SKIP THIS CARD will be handled by the OPG staff in a backend module. Items will be either release to be set again by member or set into special not visible category like a multiplayer special team field so later when we upgrade to many teams we can pull out all these cards to be set to their teams. If you validated all your image and the card is release again to be set by members, it will show up for you to set again if you still have the image on the inventory item in question.

The main goal is to let you set all your items with image to a team for those single player card only and let you query your public inventory per team. Then you can create a new category to add teams tag in your bucket image section of the inventory to show your best Bruins or Penguins for trade to other trader. While it will not pull your card with no image, if a member did set that card then it will show for you as well. Hope you like this first team implementation and that in the future we can have most card set correctly.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 06-24-2011 at 01:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

very helpful thank you

SCF Rewards
    Country

I recently uploaded images of all cards in the 1957-58 Topps Basketball Set. I noticed several of the teams were not listed, but the new team name was, so I set them to that team, for example, the Syracuse Nationals later became the Philadelphia 76ers, so I listed 76ers as the team, same thing with Philadelphia & GS Warriors, New Orleans & Utah Jazz, Cincinnati Royals & Sacramento Kings. Suppose I should just list what teams from this set are needed, and it's too late now for me to edit, but then I should go back and report the current team as an error. Does this sound right?

Here is the list of teams that are not listed under the NBA database that are needed for this 1957-58 set.
    Philadelphia Warriors
    Cincinnati Royals
    St. Louis Hawks
    Syracuse (Nats) Nationals

I'm also planning to add scans of the 1961-62 Fleer Basketball set. There's just one team to add for that set, and I'll wait to tag them.
    Chicago Packers

I assume this is where I should request the new teams. If it's elsewhere, please let me know.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I recently uploaded images of all cards in the 1957-58 Topps Basketball Set. I noticed several of the teams were not listed, but the new team name was, so I set them to that team, for example, the Syracuse Nationals later became the Philadelphia 76ers, so I listed 76ers as the team, same thing with Philadelphia & GS Warriors, New Orleans & Utah Jazz, Cincinnati Royals & Sacramento Kings. Suppose I should just list what teams from this set are needed, and it's too late now for me to edit, but then I should go back and report the current team as an error. Does this sound right?

Here is the list of teams that are not listed under the NBA database that are needed for this 1957-58 set.
    Philadelphia Warriors
    Cincinnati Royals
    St. Louis Hawks
    Syracuse (Nats) Nationals

I'm also planning to add scans of the 1961-62 Fleer Basketball set. There's just one team to add for that set, and I'll wait to tag them.
    Chicago Packers

I assume this is where I should request the new teams. If it's elsewhere, please let me know.

For any request in basketball data, you need to post in this forum
    Basketball

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried to add an image for a card but it is not there. what do I have to do? It was a Jason Smith RC auto

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry..just saw you wanted this posted elsewhere

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

sorry..just saw you wanted this posted elsewhere

Yeah this topic is about how to set the team for a card. For any missing info in the database we have under the Inventory/storefront feedback forum, sub-forum for each sport where you can make request and each sport team can answer you and guide you into any request.

Also when you ask question, in order to get the right answer, try to be more specific like posting the year, set name, card number and player name as it make it easier for anyone to help you.

Like this: 1993-94 Donruss #182 Jason Smith

currently we list ten RC for him but it's possible a card say rookie and it's not a TRUE rookie:
    http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...archleagueid/0
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 11-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good info, thanks!