sources say that this trade may happen:

To Colorado Avalanche:

Jose Theodore
    Patrice Briesbois

To Montreal Canadiens:

Alex Tanguay
    Derek Morris
    Rights To Patrick Roy

roy said he wants to live in quebec and get a job in the front office so this could happen

pierre lacroix would make a mistake trading away morris who has norris potential

if this does happen, i believe both teams are better

lmk wut u guys think

I heard about this for the first time yesterday. If I were the Habs and Roy guaranteed at least 2 seasons I would do it. He would be closer to home so he could be with his kids more and watch his son play hockey. Also they get a young guy in Tanguay and there backup Garon would be able to learn alot from Roy unlike Theodore who is young himself. Morris is a good pickup for them too cuz we all know how weak there defense is. I heard that Patrick Traverse was also involved. This would mean that the Habs might need to pick up a free agent like Murray Baron.

Colorado basically gets a free goalie because they know Roy will not play for them ever again and they will only play against him like once a season because they are in different conferences.

I am a HUGE habs fan and i have mixed feelings about this trade. on the one side it would be AMAZING to get Alex Tanguay because of the week offence we have up in montreal. But on the other hand Jose Theodore is a very talented young goalie and i do not think patrick roy would want to play for another 2 years in montreal. But if Roy said he would play then i would do that trade. But probably not without that guarentee from Roy

Where did you guys here about this. Can ya send me a link??

i think that its a good fit for both teams

studin- i agree with the part about him watching his kids and living back home

thers nothin like home

lol

hockeyrules- i agree with the fact about tanguay, morris, and garon, theodore is a young goalie and i believe last year was a fluke with him doing so bad

on trade talks- would u do the richards and $15 for the koivu jersey?

does anyone know a website where i can read more about this. Where did you guys hear about it?????

The first time I heard about it was on another message board from somebody who said they heard it on a Montreal radio station. Then it was confirmed by 3 other posters that said they heard it also. I can't believe how fast that rumour traveled already.

i get it off a site, but newspaper writers heard it on the radio, it goes through TSN i believe

i didn't see anytihng on TSN or on the nhl or the hockey news web site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast