Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Paintball_tx's Items on eBay

Hello. Possibly the oldest rookie on the site

Hello: I am a 63 yr old lawyer who lives in Texas and who has raised three sons. All my sons collected a few cards, but my middle son who is now 34yrs old got into collecting big time when he was about 10 yrs old. He and I had a lot of fun traveling to card shows all over Texas for about 8 yrs until he went off to college. They all left their card collections at home when they went off to college. In 1998 I put all my 3/5 index cards at the office on computer and brought home my 24 drawer index card cabinet with the intention of organizing their collection. When I went into the card shop to buy the necessary supplies I decided to keep their collections going while they were gone and started buying 4-8 hobby boxes /yr. All three of my sons and my wife also started giving me hobby boxes for Christmas presents. It has now turned into a family joke. They give me the presents. Then they bust the packs. Then they joke about who will get what when I die. All my sons were interested in football and baseball rookie cards of new players so my main interest has been to try and keep the baseball and football rookie card collection current from about 1999 to the present. I admit that I am confused as to what to collect in baseball since Bowman has started putting minor league players in their sets. I have bought some cards on ebay. I was referred to this site from the owner of the card shop that I frequent as a possible place to trade some of my non-rookie card pulls for rookie cards or some of my multiple rookie cards for some I don't have. I have organized the collection in alphabetical order so it will be easier for me to search my collection for players instead of teams or sets. Bear with me while I get my sea legs and learn my way around the site.
    Last edited by Paintball; 04-01-2011 at 12:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Welcome to SCF!! This site is addicting so be careful!! ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

welcome to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country

howdy, welcome to scf!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to SCF Richard

That is a great story

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

welcome aboard! loved reading your story! there are lots of great guys and gals to trade with here! hope you enjoy yourself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Paintball_tx's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

Welcome...always glad to see someone older than me on the boards!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to SCF. You should have fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gingersportscards1946's Items on eBay

welcome to SCF , great place with great people , got any question or need any help ,just ask .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast