Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Scandal at DOJ: smuggling to pad statistics on U.S. guns in Mexico

Scandal at DOJ: smuggling to pad statistics on U.S. guns in Mexico

A brewing scandal at the Department of Justice involving an illegal scheme to pad statistics on U.S. guns in Mexico threatens to erupt as U.S. Senator Charles Grassley of the Senate Judiciary Committee begins an investigation. ATF agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives--a DOJ agency--allegedly smuggled U.S. guns into Mexico in order to bolster the Department's disputed contention that Mexican drug cartels are armed primarily with U.S. guns. Whistleblowers within the ATF contend that one of the these guns was used to kill Border Patrol agent Brian A. Terry in December of 2010. News of the murder and the underlying scandal that prompted it was first reported on December 28, 2010.

Rather than launch an internal investigation into the murder and the illegal scheme, the Department of Justice under Eric Holder, according to ATF whistleblowers, instead attempted a coverup.

The continually breaking scandal has been reported by Fox News, the Washington Post, the Associated Press, Politico, CBS News, Newsday, the Mexican press, and various TV and newspaper outlets in Arizona.

However, the Washington Post story merely parrots the official DOJ coverup line that the gun smuggling by ATF agents never happened.

Denials are now part of standard operating procedure at the DOJ as the news media and Senator Grassley close in. Grassley's inquiries have been met with stonewalling. But it appears that Grassley's office so far isn't buying DOJ denials. National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea reports that Senator Grassley sent a personal memo to Eric Holder stating, 'The Terry family deserves answers.'

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually did a paper on this in college. Actually the border wars as a whole. The main reason the drug cartel out-gun the Mexican military and the local police departments in the US is because they get all of their guns from the United States. They even have anti-aircraft weapons now. By the United States not doing enough (not much of anything at all, really) it's not only hurting our country but Mexico as well.

Part of my paper also said that the reason the U.S. government isn't doing much is because they see the problem only being in AZ, NM, and Texas, when it is really hurting the entire country.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Interesting stuff, no doubt.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Stuff like this always disturbs me. If they are willing to smuggle guns into Mexico just to have their report be correct then what else are they willing to do?

I mean if they are willing to provide drug cartels with guns just so they can have an "I told you so" moment when somebody doubts their report, is there anything that they would not be willing to do?

This really makes me question just how blinded by our government we are. Are we a society that is essentially blind to what our government is really doing?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Stuff like this always disturbs me. If they are willing to smuggle guns into Mexico just to have their report be correct then what else are they willing to do?

I mean if they are willing to provide drug cartels with guns just so they can have an "I told you so" moment when somebody doubts their report, is there anything that they would not be willing to do?

This really makes me question just how blinded by our government we are. Are we a society that is essentially blind to what our government is really doing?

In regards to paragraph two, not really. Our government is unbelievably selfish and will do anything to "prove" its doubters wrong. Never forget the lie that was the Gulf of Tonkin.

Paragraph three, that's why I really don't mind things like WikiLeaks. They're doing what the mainstream media, or the people themselves, should be doing but won't. How can we be a true government for, by, and of the people if we the people don't know everything that government is doing.