Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

my son & I will be there

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

3rd year in a row me and a few friends will be there. Will be staying an extra day this year. Going to the show one day, and Wrigley another. This has become a nice annual tradition my friends and I have started, and love that I've gotten to check out a new city each trip as well. Chicago should be the best yet!

This will be my fourth Nationals in Chicago. Always fun to hang out with folks from the site and a few friends who are not on the site. Hope to meet some new folks this year as well.

As you said annual traditions are very nice , especially with friends.

if Paul Konerko is there, could someone get me an autographed 8x10 or baseball (will pay for it)

If he is signing let us know and perhaps someone will be able to help you.

my son & I will be there

Look forward meeting you both!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dang...this thread is started already?! I might try to make it, especially since it won't be in Cleveland next year like they'd thought. Its two and a half hours for me (to Cleveland), so I might drive a few more hours and go to Chicago this year. Guess we'll have to see...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm almost positive ill be there
    Going probably for 1 day and then the next day go to a cubs game and visit around chicago
    Going to bust some boxes and hopefully they'll have an autograph signer ill want to get also

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I would love to go (live about 3 hours from Chicago) just dont know if it is a good idea to carry a 1 year old around all day at the show

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mgerard32's Items on eBay

Booked my flight using miles, still figuring hotel situation out, but I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday. Should be a another fun time, but parking looks to be a challenge from some of what I'm reading online. Went to my 2nd National last year (first was Atlantic City back in 03) and hoping to goto as many as possible going forward.

Can anyone with experience advise whether it might be worthwhile to book one of the hotels close to the venue and just forgo renting a car? I was thinking of booking a cheaper place a few miles away, but if parking is $20 a day + the cost of the car, I'm thinking staying close might make more sense. I drove to Baltimore and parked my car in a garage on Wednesday and didn't move it til I left on Sunday, but then again I know Baltimore well, and really have no idea about the area around the airport. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rockeferrell's Items on eBay

Some of the hotels have a shuttle available, just depends which one you stay in. There is one in rosemont about 3 miles from the convention center that I normally stay in, a marriott.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (66) Hobby Insider
    Country
    See archie44's Items on eBay

I'm going down from Wisconsin

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Booked my flight using miles, still figuring hotel situation out, but I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday. Should be a another fun time, but parking looks to be a challenge from some of what I'm reading online. Went to my 2nd National last year (first was Atlantic City back in 03) and hoping to goto as many as possible going forward.

Can anyone with experience advise whether it might be worthwhile to book one of the hotels close to the venue and just forgo renting a car? I was thinking of booking a cheaper place a few miles away, but if parking is $20 a day + the cost of the car, I'm thinking staying close might make more sense. I drove to Baltimore and parked my car in a garage on Wednesday and didn't move it til I left on Sunday, but then again I know Baltimore well, and really have no idea about the area around the airport. Thanks!

The airport is not close just ask the folks who chase the Black Dodger to the airport enroute to dinner (long story). PM on the way.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See n/a's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

There is a commuter lot right down the road that is like $2 for 12 hours or so. Thats where I park and then just walk the little bit to the center. I parked there last time the National was here and every time I go to one of the big shows there (usually go to one a year there). If you are taking a bunch of stuff it can kind of suck but overall its the best deal. I don't think the price has gone up too much for weekdays but I may be slightly off, I know its really cheap on the weekend days for sure.

Oh and I'll be there for at least one day. I am hoping to find some of these last few Ickey Woods cards I need...heck, maybe a 1/1 or two. (although I didn't find any at the last National)
    Last edited by jjj5278; 02-26-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast