Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Xavieronly1-Anfernee Hardaway

Xavieronly1- Anfernee Hardaway

Xavieronly1 has achieved Super Collector Status!!! With a Superb Collection of Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway

24/68 Auto
    8/17 - Patch
    53/82 GU - I have extra 14 GU because of different color of jersey
    461/611 - Insert
    6/6 RC Parallel
    179/398 - Parallel
    11/11 True RC
    358/459 - Base

Execl spreadsheet link:
    http://www.2shared.com/document/y8Q49Rm_/Penny.html

Photobucket link:
    http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/a...Hardaway%20PC/

Xavieronly1's collection and why he started..

My Unclde introduced to me basketball cards when I was in Hong Kong back in 1997. I liked MJ, as well as Penny style of playing. When I looked at Beckett, 1 MJ = 2 Penny cards. Then I picked to collect Penny. Then I moved to US in 1998, basketball cards were every where. I visited card shows and local card shops every other weeks. I was able to build up to 250 cards with just $10 allowance from my parents. Around 2001, I stopped collecting due to lack of interest and school work. Also, cards were getting expensive.

Fast forward to 2009, I saw Penny new shoes (Air Penny 1/2 cents) in Footlocker. I remembered myself how happy I was when I collected basketball cards. And with the salary I had, I knew my dream would come to reality. I started buying cards that I would never get when I was a kid. Joining forum like SCF. Meeting people to trade some cards. Talk random sports stuff. And I am so into this hobby.

Today, I am still surprised how popular Penny Hardaway is even though his career is not a HOF level. His shoes, his cards, his styles are still in hobby heart. Just this week, my gf bought Air Foamposite Royal Blue for my birthday. Looking back all those years collection, I have Penny #1 shoes and his 1000+ cards. I must thank everyone who trades/sells ANY Penny Hardaway cards to me. Without your help, I would not be able to get to what I have today.

Thanks!

Great insert comes from great product.

1996-97 E-X2000 A Cut Above #2

Who doesn't like die-cut with foiled background? And the odds is 1:1152. That is more than a case hit.

1996-97 Z-Force Big Men on the Court Z-peat #2

Most of these UD3 has bad auto. I think mine is better than average.

1997-98 UD3 Season Ticket Autographs #AH

Hey stadiumclub, this one is for you! It was his PC, and now it is my top 10. Thanks again!

1999-00 SP Authentic BuyBack #33

I really like the die-cut of "SPX". On-card auto, hologram, smilie face.

1997 SPx ProMotion Autographs #3

This insert is super amazing in person. I suggest everyone picks one up even it is a Van Horn one :)

1997-98 E-X2001 Jambalaya #2

Second year GU. I really like the Magic Jersey.

1998-99 Upper Deck Game Jerseys #GJ23

One of my few "jersey number" cards that I have, and I always think this is a twin brother of SPx ProMotion Auto.

1996-97 SP SPx Force #F5B

The first GU card in NBA history. This set is so great for any collectors.

1997-98 Upper Deck Game Jerseys

Back in 1998, I pulled my biggest hit, a Topps Chrome Vince Carter RC(BV$80 back then). Couple weeks later, just after Vince Carter won the slam dunk, I went to card show in the mall. I saw this SPx auto. Since I was a kid with just $20 in my pocket, I asked the dealer if he would trade Penny Auto for Vince Carter Topps Chrome RC. He said yes. I was so happy that I ran back home to pick up the Topps Chrome Carter, and ran back to the mall. Yup, it was running, not by car. I ran for like 1.5 hours just to do this trade. And this story behind this card made it #1.

Btw, it is also his first NBA auto.

1996 SPx Auto #NNO

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
    Instagram: My traders on Flickr

Congratz Xavier Well Deserved...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, congrat on being super collector.

I hope I can pick at least one Penny auto soon.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank you. I hope everyone has a good time viewing my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You kinda remind of myself being one of those collectors as a teenager that didn't make enough dough to support a hobby...I also took a few years off from collecting...But now that I can finally afford some Kobe cards I couldnt afford then..I got back to the hobby of collecting again... But yeah, you definitely have a great collection! Keep it up man!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome collection, and a brilliant top 10!!

Love the top 10 idea, it is great to see what the owner of the PC rates as their best cards, and the story of your #1 is a gem!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Beautiful collection! Penny's a tough one to super-collect too because he has a lot of long-time fans. Well-deserved!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Great collection...In the long run, you sure made out like a bandit on the trade for the VC chrome rc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Minnesota Vikings Utah Jazz
    See starburyfan662's Items on eBay

Very cool man. I always wondered why you weren't in here before. But here you are! Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns

Your Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway collection is sweet! Nice story and Top Ten list! I'm glad I could help you in your Super Collector status even if they were just base cards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast