Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Going to my first CardShow!! Tell me what to expect!

Im going to a cardshow for the first time so tell me what to expect!!!!

depends how big a show you're going to, if it's a local show, you'll find some local shops and local collectors displaying what they've got... and you'll likely be able to make some decent deals

its a pretty big place called the Oxmoor Center. They said 100-150 booths. is that a lot or not

That is actually a good sized show. You should be able to find some nice deals there, always fun to spend a few hours looking around and buying some rare stuff...

It all depends on what you like, and what you collect. Bring just what you can afford to spend, and no more, because temptation will strike you, I'm sure...

The thing that usually strikes me at card shows is good prices on boxes, but I haven't been to one in a few years so I'm not sure how much that's true now since the internet has taken over everything.

That is true. I primarily bought boxes at the National, plus some older ungraded vintage cards that I could see up close. Shipping makes buying boxes on the net a bit more expensive sometimes...

how many booth are their at the national usually?

I believe it was around 750 tables or something. If you see any 2003 SP Authentic Hockey for under $80.00, can you get the number and website, email ect for me?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast