Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Obama proposes to sell off unused government property

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/03/...rty/index.html

I like it. What do you all think?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Sounds good as long as the process is fair and open. I would hate to see a bunch of politicians getting sweetheart deals at the people's expense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I like it too. Probably not the best time to sell real estate, but if they can get some cash and get out from under maintaining these properties that is something that's worth doing. 14,000 properties that are not used and they still have to keep up is such a waste.

I'm sure people will talk about how saving 15 billion dollars in the first three years isn't that hug compared to the debt, but if you find a dozen of these types of savings they will add up. There's no reason that the government should have so many empty buildings. I can see having some, but this seems like a lot of waste.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

great point habs, all transactions should be open to anyone interested. No one should end up getting some cheap real estate because they know the right people.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Wait until a piece of undeveloped land is sold and developed...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it is a good idea if it has some restrictions....like for example, if you work on certain jobs you can't bid (like Justice Department, Congress, etc) because they would know first hand which properties are going to put up for sale and can get some advantages.