Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Bruins vs Habs GNT

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The thing about it is, if it happened anywhere else on the ice, there would be no issue.
    At the same time, you can't say Chara didn't know where on the ice they were.
    At the same time, Chara, while a big hitting defenseman who sometimes toes the line of "cheapness" he's been in the league for, what, 13 years? Nothing like this has ever happened and being the size and strength he is, if he was that kind of player, there would be an incident like this at least once a year.
    At the same time, Chara and Pacioretty have a small bit of history, and it's impossible to guage intent.

I don't think Chara wanted this result. Anywhere else on the ice it would have been a clean hit (more of a rub-out). I think one thing everyone can agree on is that this should be a huge wake-up call to the league as far as safety in that portion of the ice goes. I remember the little girl in Columbus losing her life and how the netting went up within 24 or 48 hours in every rink in the league. This is a little more complicated than that, but something needs to be done with the stantions around the benches before someone does get killed.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Do you know why UFC and NFL are two popular sports in the US ? Yes, both are violent, but a safety environnement for their employees is one of the biggest priority.

This is why the NHL will never be anything more than a circus of goons for the majority. They are still calling what we saw last night 'part of the game'.

I could be biased because i'm an Habs fan (i too think Chara is a great player by the way), but i feel sad for a sport i have been praticing and watching for 30+ years. Shame, shame, shame...

.................................................. ...........................................

Don't play or watch then, the NHL & Hockey doesn't need you.

UFC Lol

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Max Pacioretty, speaking from his hospital bed, gets the last word:

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty spoke to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie from his hospital room on Wednesday evening about the injury that he suffered against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night.
    "I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."
    "It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."
    "I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."
    "I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617