Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Be more specific on what you do if you want me to help you. If you follow the tutorial you should ve able to do it.

I did what the tutorial said & selected what i wanted but not all autos came up, is there a way to go to the card & add it to the category i want it in ?!?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Howdy, still cant figure out how to add my '00 Maxx Racer's Ink auto to my Nascar Auto PC listing so i give up & will leave it like it is, Thanks

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

First, you give up fast as with no info I could not help and I am also in vacation, so i am not on the forum daily like ususal.

There seem to be a bug with the single quote so try with no quote and just Maxx Racer then select the sport and year along with the PC tab since it's PC and then the autograph filter and you get to this page. From there, you can now create the category you want. I will fix the bug when I get back from vacation.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...axx_Racer/pc/1

Look on the top left in the filter section:

Current filter
    Search terms = Maxx_Racer
    Auto Racing
    2000's
    autograph
    Clear all filter

Mainly these are the filter I have done to create the listing you need for the category. Then once you are on the page you can create it. The fact you had a single quote, caused the problem here to get the query to show. With no quote and making the sting shorter, it now work well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sprooch's Items on eBay

ok this is driving me nuts. I am trying to add cards to a new tab in my collection. But when i add a card it still goes into my personal collection. I cant figure out what i am missing.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

ok this is driving me nuts. I am trying to add cards to a new tab in my collection. But when i add a card it still goes into my personal collection. I cant figure out what i am missing.

Here you do not create a group and then add all the cards you want.

Here, we maintain a card database and when you want to find cards you ask for text shearch and filter using card attribute, set name, player name, year, sport, auto etc...

Here you need to do this process to create a group. This also need to be done just prior to creating a group.

I see you wanted to create a group called Jared Odrick PC. Of course this list all trader and this is not what you want.

First delete this group for now: Go in My Inventory -> Public category. This is what we call the backend section. There you can delete a group, change the order or the name. Since this group is useless delete it. This do not affect cards. Group are just query and a title.

Now you should have no group left.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inventory/Welker83/

Since you want to show a PC player, let select the PC tab:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...3/page/1/pc/1/
    Total: 299 records found.
    Then do a text search on
    "Odrick"
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...ms/Odrick/pc/1
    Total: 1 record found.
    Now you can also select the sport, not essesial but depend if you want to exclude card you have have in other sport like if you make a Football Auto and do not select the sport it will show any auto from any sport.
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...ms/Odrick/pc/1

Note the web address get longer because of added paramter we supply to narrow down the search.

This is the base needed to show a Jared Odrick PC group. Next, each time you add a football, Jared Odrick card set as PC (card set as trader won't show here). So using this link you can thren create that Jared Odrick PC group.

Now here I see two Jared Odrick cards not set to PC that list in the trader section. Go set them as PC and they will now show in the group yo created.

SO to create a group you need to select the card type
    1- a Trader, a Personal Collection or a want list.
    2- do a text search if needed in second place
    3- Select the sport
    4- Select a year range if needed
    5- Select a year if needed
    6- Select a card attribute (auto, mem, RC, S#) if needed
    7- Select a print run range if needed
    8- Select a sorting order by cliking on the header of the list returned
    9- Select view type (Detailed list, Image list, Text list)
    10- If Image list is selected you can select a zoom level for image viewing.
    11- hit the add a new category link and use a title that will reflect the query made and intented for the group.

All this need to be done in the front end section of the inventory that everyone can view.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think I understand the process of how the database works but I am getting LOST right here:

"Now to create a new category, you need to hit you home public page of your own inventoy under the Inventories tab. Then create the query you need by simply making the search needed and set you sorting order and the view type. For instance to create a player tag for Crosby, I did a search on "Crosby", made sure I am set on the trader tab, set the sorting by user BV descending to have my best Crosby that I currently have to show first. Then I click in the Images tab and click to set the zoom to level 1, that show 4 image per row. Now I have the query, sorting and view type all set, time to hit the ...."

When I create a query I get the results I am looking for BUT I do not have an Images tab on my screen, nor do I have a "Create group" link on this page view. How are you doing this?
    Last edited by habsheaven; 10-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

There are a public section to the application and a private section to the application.

The first serie of tab, the three first tab are Stores, CC Stores and Inventories. These are for all members to see all other stuff including your own public inventory. Once in the Inventories tab you can search for your user name to get to your public section. This is where you need to do the query but only once you are in your personal public inventory page. Then the link is:

Add a new category

Now you still have to make the query there and on a second level of tab, you have a additional three more tab only if you are in your public personal Inventory page.

So to resume, if you are in the Public section Inventories tab and not on a personal page of a member that it be yours or a other member, the second row of tab only has three tabs:
    Trader
    Personal Collection
    Want List

But if you are in your personal public inventory page you will see six tabs:
    Trader
    Personal Collection
    Want List

Detailed list
    Image list
    Text list

By default on the multi inventories we are on the Detailed list. But for member page you have two more otption, the default one, the image list and text list is the ohter two.

So if you see three tabs only then you are not on your personal public page, your are in the place where you search for all members cards. Simple as that. Remember that under My Inventory you have a fast link to your public inventory on the right menu too! It's called View your Inventory.

Then the two next tab are My Store and My Inventory. These are private section where members manage their store and inventory item and other member see their item and not your item when they go there. While Categories aare created on the public section, they are manage after in the private section thus in My Inventory tab.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

There are a public section to the application and a private section to the application.

The first serie of tab, the three first tab are Stores, CC Stores and Inventories. These are for all members to see all other stuff including your own public inventory. Once in the Inventories tab you can search for your user name to get to your public section. This is where you need to do the query but only once you are in your personal public inventory page. Then the link is:

Add a new category

Now you still have to make the query there and on a second level of tab, you have a additional three more tab only if you are in your public personal Inventory page.

So to resume, if you are in the Public section Inventories tab and not on a personal page of a member that it be yours or a other member, the second row of tab only has three tabs:
    Trader
    Personal Collection
    Want List

But if you are in your personal public inventory page you will see six tabs:
    Trader
    Personal Collection
    Want List

Detailed list
    Image list
    Text list

By default on the multi inventories we are on the Detailed list. But for member page you have two more otption, the default one, the image list and text list is the ohter two.

So if you see three tabs only then you are not on your personal public page, your are in the place where you search for all members cards. Simple as that. Remember that under My Inventory you have a fast link to your public inventory on the right menu too! It's called View your Inventory.

Then the two next tab are My Store and My Inventory. These are private section where members manage their store and inventory item and other member see their item and not your item when they go there. While Categories aare created on the public section, they are manage after in the private section thus in My Inventory tab.

I think I have figured it out. Thanks. It would have been very helpful if in your instructions you had indicated that I must hit the "advanced search" button at the top of the page once I got to the personal public inventory page. That is the only way I can see to access it.

I should add; when I tried to do a query of "The Cup" brand the only cards that showed up were from the 2010-11 year. Prior years do not appear to be tagged properly as they are not showing in my query results.
    Last edited by habsheaven; 10-15-2011 at 10:28 PM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I think I have figured it out. Thanks. It would have been very helpful if in your instructions you had indicated that I must hit the "advanced search" button at the top of the page once I got to the personal public inventory page. That is the only way I can see to access it.

There is also a fast search as well that you can add filter to it also. The fast search is the one just before the Advance search link. So at time it may be enough. Like If I am on my inventory page click on PC tab and then do a fast search on "price" word only in the fast search it will pull my carey Price collection. So the advance search is not essential.

If I want to make a price PC auto, then I can use in the left column the autogragh filter. Then I have only my Price AU.

But the advance search let you specify all parameter.

Still once you have the result, you still can use the left column to remove filter select. Then use that same left column to add more filter to the query.

Mainly a fast text search or a advance search, erase the filter selected. Mainly it start a new search but once in a result you can add/remove filter all you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everytime I add a new card, it gets added to all of my categories. How do I prevent this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast