Thread: Its official

I really wish that Whiteny went somewhere else. I hate detriot

Me too but if you think about it thats the most logical place for him to be. He gets to play for a team that has a good shot at the cup since he doesn't have one yet and he doesn't have to move his familt because he is still close to Columbus.

Montreal are the Yankees of hockey they have 24 cups and the yanks have 26 world series. Both leading there sports

The Yankees generalization is starting to annoy me. Last year, the majority of the team was original draft picks, or, acquired when they were still minor leaguers, or undrafted free agents

Fedorov, Yzerman, Lidstrom, McCarty, Maltby(trade when still young), Draper($1 for him when he was a minor leaguer), Dandenault, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Fischer, Holmstrom, Kuznetsov, Bykov, Wallin, Avery(undrafted), Williams(undrafted).

Thats a good team in itself. Then you look at the guys they signed that no one else wanted. Legace, Deveraux, Boileau, Woolley.

Yeah, they bring in a name almost every summer. But, the Yankees have, what, 4 players in their lineup that they drafted? The Wings were built through smart GMing and drafting. As well as through some big name FAs in the recent years.

my comment on whitney is good luck and u might have a chance to win the cup, i would have liked to see him go to atlanta

i would not go far with the red wings as the yankees of hockey because they are just getting better since the avs got better

all their doing is preparing themselves, remember, the wings dont have sergei anymore