Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

eBay to start charging fees on shipping fees.

Also, to encourage low-cost shipping, starting July 6, Fixed Price Final Value Fee rates will be reduced and applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Keep your shipping costs low and consider offering free shipping to get the lowest overall fees.

I blame the people that sell items at 1˘ and have shipping fees of $20 to skirt fees. I get why ebay has been forced to do this but I'm not happy about it. There was a fee loophole and they had to close it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, this is kind of obnoxious for those of us who charge fair shipping prices. Another reason I like selling on SCF more than eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (181)
    Country

I think it is well over due. The average card will ship for like 1.78 -2.30 with DC and some people are charging 3.50 - 4.00 for shipping its crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can see why e-bay is doing this. However e-bay should allow sellers to charge up to a certain dollar amount for shipping without being hit with the final fees. IMO a fair amount would be $2 and that should be enough to cover the shipping, DC and supplies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

The only way this would be acceptable would be for them to lower final auction value fees to cover the difference that we are now paying for shipping. Personally I never overcharged for shipping but many people to abuse the system selling a $50 item for .99 and $49 shipping. What I really liked was the double discounts they had for free shipping. They would knock 40% of your fees off if you were a power seller and had great star ratings. Not sure why they dropped that, I was saving a tonne and shipping for free...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

The only way this would be acceptable would be for them to lower final auction value fees to cover the difference that we are now paying for shipping. Personally I never overcharged for shipping but many people to abuse the system selling a $50 item for .99 and $49 shipping. What I really liked was the double discounts they had for free shipping. They would knock 40% of your fees off if you were a power seller and had great star ratings. Not sure why they dropped that, I was saving a tonne and shipping for free...

And that my friend... is why they dropped it

I guess I dont really mind it as long as they drop the final value fees the same amount they raise the fee on shipping... It wont really affect any of us who have used fair amounts this whole time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Another reason why the store/auctions here on SCF will be great.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

The actually have reduced the fee but I haven't been able to easily find the percentage change for some reason. I get why they are doing it but there should be a rate that you can charge without having the fees charged. I guess it allows them to increase revenue but kind of a cheap way to do so in my opinion.

Also, they have some items that they cap shipping price. I'd think they could do similar things with this as well.

even with the added charge I'll still take eBays traffic. It's just way more superior than any other site.