Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

good points about not generalizing everyone in a group by some of the group.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

No one knows what Jesus really looks like. We are only going by an artist drawing of him. The one thing that Islam has over Christanity is that it is forbidden to draw pictures of the prophets. Therefore there is no arguing over what color jesus is. We all know that is a big argument in some Christian churches.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See weth23's Items on eBay

I'll be the first to tell anyone who questions Christianity that there are a lot of "Christians" who are the biggest hypocrites. But take what you hear with a grain of salt. It's like what some have said already- just because a Muslim believes in killing infidels and exercising holy war doesn't mean that all Muslim's are this way. Don't let religious extremists be the only voice that you hear and allow that to be the generalized belief of that religion. It takes many voices and reasoning to build facts for people but it just takes one nut job to ruin it all and be the negative connotation for an entire group.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll be the first to tell anyone who questions Christianity that there are a lot of "Christians" who are the biggest hypocrites. But take what you hear with a grain of salt. It's like what some have said already- just because a Muslim believes in killing infidels and exercising holy war doesn't mean that all Muslim's are this way. Don't let religious extremists be the only voice that you hear and allow that to be the generalized belief of that religion. It takes many voices and reasoning to build facts for people but it just takes one nut job to ruin it all and be the negative connotation for an entire group.

Preach it brother!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another thing that I noticed about people is that someone could be homephobic about religion just like they are about homosexuals. For example a person who goes around beating up homosexuals could really be someone who is repressed and is uncomfortable about their own sexuality. It is the same for religion. Someone who spends every waking moment trying to tear down someone elses religion is really insecure in their own religion and needs to make themself feel better by going after someone else.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

"There shall be no other God but me," but they are all the same being. I don't expect you to understand that though. The Trinity is hard for any Christian to explain, let alone any nonbeliever.

I think you are taking too literally the symbols that are in the church. Catholics pray to ™™™™™™ Mary, and that would be considered idol worship. Praying in front of statue of Jesus is not idol worshiping. It's impossible to actually pray to the real face of Jesus, so in essence you're saying, people should be praying at all because it's all idol worship.

Never did i say i want an unbeliever I just see the the difference between faith and religion, religion dictates what they want us to do and see whether it be wright or wrong, faith guides us in doing what we know to be right or wrong. and praying to the face of what is perceived to be Jesus is Idolism how can it not be. and the whole god and Jesus and the holy ghost is one in the same thing is totally unfathomable as well for if god and Jesus are one in the same then there was no real sacrificing of himself and thus putting into question the whole concept of what has become Easter, giving power to the fact that it was invented by the church to take away from pagan ceremonies. People should pray, just not to a cross of fake pictures of Jesus, prayer should be between you and god plain and simple.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Some muslims such as Osama bin Laden and John Allen Muhammad are poor representatives of Islam just like some christians like Jerry Fallwell or Terry Jones are poor representatives of Christanity. Both Christianity and Islam teach peace and love towards your brothers and sisters but because of the actions of a vocal minority of fringe fanitics their respective religions are given a black eye. The average muslim is no more likely to be a terrorist just like the average christian is no more likely to be a child rapist. People need to stand up and reclaim their religion back from fanatics who hijack it for their own sinister agenda.

We had a thread about this awhile back and I mentioned the whole peace and love thing and someone else mentioned that the teachings of peace and love towards your brothers and sisters is the basics of pretty much all religions, yet it is the most widely ignored preaching. But anyways great post

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never did i say i want an unbeliever I just see the the difference between faith and religion, religion dictates what they want us to do and see whether it be wright or wrong, faith guides us in doing what we know to be right or wrong. and praying to the face of what is perceived to be Jesus is Idolism how can it not be. and the whole god and Jesus and the holy ghost is one in the same thing is totally unfathomable as well for if god and Jesus are one in the same then there was no real sacrificing of himself and thus putting into question the whole concept of what has become Easter, giving power to the fact that it was invented by the church to take away from pagan ceremonies. People should pray, just not to a cross of fake pictures of Jesus, prayer should be between you and god plain and simple.

Also everyone's favorite holiday christmas is celebrated on Dec 25 but if you do your historical research you will find that Jesus was likely born in the spring. Dec 25 was the celebrated birthday of a Pagan sun god mirthra. Also Jermiah 10 verses 2-6 prohibit putting up a christmas tree:
    2 Thus says the Lord:
    “Learn not the way of the nations,
    nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens
    because the nations are dismayed at them,
    3 for the customs of the peoples are vanity.[1]
    A tree from the forest is cut down
    and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman.
    4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
    they fasten it with hammer and nails
    so that it cannot move.
    5 Their idols[2] are like scarecrows in a cucumber field,
    and they cannot speak;
    they have to be carried,
    for they cannot walk.
    Do not be afraid of them,
    for they cannot do evil,
    neither is it in them to do good.”
    6 There is none like you, O Lord;
    you are great, and your name is great in might.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Another thing that I noticed about people is that someone could be homephobic about religion just like they are about homosexuals. For example a person who goes around beating up homosexuals could really be someone who is repressed and is uncomfortable about their own sexuality. It is the same for religion. Someone who spends every waking moment trying to tear down someone elses religion is really insecure in their own religion and needs to make themself feel better by going after someone else.

sure, people can be phobic of anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See weth23's Items on eBay

I wholeheartedly disagree that there was no real sacrifice. Jesus is the human form of God and he submitted himself to be like man and endure any temptation man would experience. Jesus had ample opportunities to submit to his own desires but he willing gave Himself up.

It's hard to explain the Trinity and really, you either believe it or you don't. But if you feel like reading about it, here are some passages:

1. There is only one God ( Rom 3:30, etc.)
    2. The Father is God ( 1 Cor 8:6, etc.)
    3. Jesus is God ( John 1:1, etc.)
    4. The Holy Spirit is God ( 1 Cor 6:19, etc.)
    5. 3 in 1 (Matthew 28:19)

Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast