Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 79 12341151 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The bible - fact or fiction???

First before i start this thread I wanna make sure nobody is going to come in here and start, cussing, talking crazy, calling names, etc. please follow the rules and lets respect each other opinions. im look for good healthy opinions and conversations on these topics.

I would call myself a skeptic, non beleiver, etc. etc. I have thought a lot about different parts of the bible and still have some things that are odd, unexplained or don’t make sense. Im going to post my thoughts, questions, thinking on the bible here for others to comment and discuss.

SCF Rewards
    Country

IS THERE FREE WILL OR DOES GOD KNOW EVERYTHING. My logic tells me it cant be both ways. If there is free will that implies that you always have a choice and you decide your destiny and that until you make a choice nobody knew what that choice was going to be. If god knows everything then he knows what you do before you do it. To me that implies there isnt a choice. So which is it? Free will or god knows everything? Seems like it cant be both ways.
    GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYBODY (GOES ALONG WITH GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING) – if god has a plan for everybody and when you are born knows what yours is. Knows what you are going to do etc etc. This causes me to think 2 different things. One when god puts you on this earth he already knows whether you are going to believe in him and ask for forgiveness. So he puts the non beleivers here knowing from day one that they arent going to believe in him and send them to hell? Also when people like hitler was born god knew hey that guy is gonna grow up and be responsible for killing a bunch of jewish people. Why would god do things like this? Am I missing something here? And if god has a plan for you then when people pray what are they really praying for? If god has your plan already made will praying make him change his mind? Like if enough people had prayed would holucost not of happened? These are all questions in my head.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

A quick question to you. If God knows the outcome how does that affect free will? Just because He knows whats going to happen doesn't mean you didn't have a choice in the matter....Therefore you can have both.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A quick question to you. If God knows the outcome how does that affect free will? Just because He knows whats going to happen doesn't mean you didn't have a choice in the matter....Therefore you can have both.

If he knows before you make the choice then was it really a choice?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Free will would mean you haven't made a choice yet so the future wasn't known yet. So does that mean god would've a psychic?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Pure FICTION!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Bible is both fact and fiction.

There are parts that are undeniable fact. Jerusalem really exists. The river Jordan relally exists. There really were pharoahs. Etc.

On the flip side, there are many things that happenb in the Bibel that are neither provable or logical. Thus fiction.

Arguing aspects of religion such as free will vs. predetermination is kind of moot. We clearly do what we want. Or do we? LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Sometimes Christians argue that if the Bible is archaeologically accurate, it must be theologically accurate. In other words, "The Bible says this city and this person existed, and we know from history and archaeology that that kingdom and that person actually did exist, so then it must also be right when it says there is a god and Jesus is his son." This is the very definition of a non-sequitur. It's like if I told you I went to McDonalds for lunch and then I was kidnapped by aliens, and I show you my McDonalds receipt, and claim that proves I was kidnapped by aliens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pdawson21's Items on eBay

Well, im going to chime in. Im studying to be a youth pastor. Gods sovreign will and our free will work together in ways we dont understand. I do think he is omnisciene but I think we have free will to a certain extent. I think Jesus Chris died on the cross and rose on the third day. Your free will comes into whether you place your faith in Jesus/God. The Death on the Cross was sufficient for all, but efficient for some(who choose). I beleive in the Trinity, God, Son, Holy Spirit. Just my two cents, going to stop for now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The Bible is both fact and fiction.

There are parts that are undeniable fact. Jerusalem really exists. The river Jordan relally exists. There really were pharoahs. Etc.

On the flip side, there are many things that happenb in the Bibel that are neither provable or logical. Thus fiction.

Arguing aspects of religion such as free will vs. predetermination is kind of moot. We clearly do what we want. Or do we? LOL

Duane you are right, there is both fact and fiction in the Bible. That can also be said for the latest John Grisham novel.

Page 1 of 79 12341151 ... LastLast