Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nidahale's Items on eBay

I don't care what happened, I had a girl who stabbed me when I was younger, doesn't matter why it happened, the chick was cut from the team after it. I'd rather marshall get stabbed over his own stupid mistakes (his wife being a mistake obviously regardless of the arguement, just like my former femme was a psycho) than opening his mouth and getting a friend killed (RIP D-Will.) All I'm saying.

That's kind of a strange statement man: Running your mouth or arguing with your wife or a stranger isn't a justifiable reason to be stabbed/shot at. You make it sound like he practically had it coming. In both cases someone else was clearly in the wrong as both stabbing someone or shooting someone is both criminal and illogical. Being a fool doesn't warrant being attacked. He may not be a genius, but he didn't commit a crime in either scenario. Victim in both.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For 1, he wasn't a victim in the shooting, he was in instigator that caused the ruckus. no he didn't pull the trigger, but his mouth led to the drive-by in any case. It's not illogical. If his choice of women was better he wouldn't get stabbed. he may be the stabbing victim, but when it comes down he was the moron who gave the psycho a ring. It is his fault. There is a reason his own teammates tweeted "not suprised" by him getting stabbed. Stupid decisions are just that. If you walk out in front of a car than it's your fault when you get hit. when you are in an abusive relationship it's your fault for getting shanked before you get out of it. Easy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For 1, he wasn't a victim in the shooting, he was in instigator that caused the ruckus. no he didn't pull the trigger, but his mouth led to the drive-by in any case. It's not illogical. If his choice of women was better he wouldn't get stabbed. he may be the stabbing victim, but when it comes down he was the moron who gave the psycho a ring. It is his fault. There is a reason his own teammates tweeted "not suprised" by him getting stabbed. Stupid decisions are just that. If you walk out in front of a car than it's your fault when you get hit. when you are in an abusive relationship it's your fault for getting shanked before you get out of it. Easy.

I'm sorry but the two scenarious are not comparable or similar. A violent relationship has its own dynamics and is vastly more complex than "walking in front of a moving career".

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Okay, if you are stupid enough to stay in a violent relationship, you deserve what you get. It's simple, and you are right walking out in front of a moving car is less complex, but you are essentially doing the same thing by not checking the goods before you buy. I am not married, I got a very loving lady now, but that wasn't always the case. Most people stay in abusive relationships out of fear, but what is there really to fear? I see it as VERY comperable if you think about it. It's a choice that puts you in danger, you'd look both ways wouldn't you? Why wouldn't you find out how mad she can really get before sticking a ring on her finger. It's not complex unless you are approaching it with a defeatist mind-state. I survived an abusive relationship, I walked away before it got too bad. That was my choice. So since I was a "victim" should I not get credit for walking from a situation? If you are in an abusive relationship you are a. weak or b. dumb, but in any case you are a defeated human who needs to stop being dependent and man (or woman) up and take control of your life. Notice how no one stopped to blame michael vick when he was caught dog fighting, it was all about the company he kept until he got charged. I didn't know he had a remote control that allowed his friends to control free will. It's not rocket science, use your free will.

In the words of Hov "If you're havin girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a (radio edit) ain't one"
    Last edited by ShawnMC13; 04-25-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Country

Wow, just because someone gets stabbed doesn't necessarily mean that they're in an abusive relationship. There's a difference. People snap all the time without any consistency in off behavior.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If a chick stabs you, it is abusive...period. Just like if you had a bad day and beat the brakes off your wife, it would be abusive....it doesn't matter if it happens once, it's abuse.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay, if you are stupid enough to stay in a violent relationship, you deserve what you get. It's simple, and you are right walking out in front of a moving car is less complex, but you are essentially doing the same thing by not checking the goods before you buy. I am not married, I got a very loving lady now, but that wasn't always the case. Most people stay in abusive relationships out of fear, but what is there really to fear? I see it as VERY comperable if you think about it. It's a choice that puts you in danger, you'd look both ways wouldn't you? Why wouldn't you find out how mad she can really get before sticking a ring on her finger. It's not complex unless you are approaching it with a defeatist mind-state. I survived an abusive relationship, I walked away before it got too bad. That was my choice. So since I was a "victim" should I not get credit for walking from a situation? If you are in an abusive relationship you are a. weak or b. dumb, but in any case you are a defeated human who needs to stop being dependent and man (or woman) up and take control of your life. Notice how no one stopped to blame michael vick when he was caught dog fighting, it was all about the company he kept until he got charged. I didn't know he had a remote control that allowed his friends to control free will. It's not rocket science, use your free will.

In the words of Hov "If you're havin girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a (radio edit) ain't one"

Most vicitims of violent relationships receive counseling b/c the events are so tramatic, and I have never heard of therapist providing this type of counseling. Is your take on this situation coming from what a professional told you or only from personal experience?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Most vicitims of violent relationships receive counseling b/c the events are so tramatic, and I have never heard of therapist providing this type of counseling. Is your take on this situation coming from what a professional told you or only from personal experience?

Most people should have gotten out of them and not been so dependent if they need counseling. What I say is from personal experience, I didn't need a therapist to stop crying. People in todays world are too soft. I won't back off the comment that I think people are too dumb, weak, and dependent if they put up with it. Therapist are just talkers with a joke of a 2 year degree, what does it matter. I'm talking people in general being too weak. If I offend someone, I'm not going to say sorry. It's your choice to be offended. It's your choice to put up with getting beaten. It's YOUR choice to live your life. I'm not going to change my mind on this. It may be complex but fact is, you have a choice. What you do with that choice is all your own. If you are stuck in an abusive relationship, look in the mirror and try to find some form of courage inside to walk out and not come back. Free will is a great thing, if you haven't learned to harness it. The time is now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 27tinman's Items on eBay

If a chick stabs you, it is abusive...period. Just like if you had a bad day and beat the brakes off your wife, it would be abusive....it doesn't matter if it happens once, it's abuse.

Your whole position on this one seems to indicate that it was Brandon's fault because his wife was abusive. How do you know (yes, I may be playing devil's advocate here) that this wasn't the first violent incident between Brandon and his wife? If this were in fact the first incident of violence, then how would you know it was Brandon's fault if he had never seen this type of behavior from his wife? That type of reasoning would be like saying that if someone was killed by a drunk driver, it would be their own fault because they chose to be on the same road as the drunk driver.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

your whole position on this one seems to indicate that it was Brandon's fault because his wife was abusive. How do you know (yes, I may be playing devil's advocate here) that this wasn't the first violent incident between Brandon and his wife? If this were in fact the first incident of violence, then how would you know it was Brandon's fault if he had never seen this type of behavior from his wife? That type of reasoning would be like saying that if someone was killed by a drunk driver, it would be their own fault because they chose to be on the same road as the drunk driver.

It wasn't they have been caught fighting outside of hotels in the past. This isn't new behavior. It is his fault for not walking away. If you marry someone you should push them to breaking first. I know, worst case senario exactly what kyla would do to me or try too. I still haven't put a ring on her finger. He marries a chick who he regularly gets in fist fights in public with, he deserves it. Only drunk driver in this story is Marshall and he just hit a pole after gambling with it for this long, my whole point is better him than someone else. Take ownership of your mistakes. It'll make you a better stronger person.

Okay I'm not getting any productive hacks done today, so I'm going to have to step out of this thread, I'll try to get back to you, I think I've said my case in the best words I know how. Yes his wife is a dumb-a**, but he married her and her tendencies are his to deal with now.
    Last edited by ShawnMC13; 04-25-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast