Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Player indexing explained

Search just a sport and a player name in hockey take 24 seconds and more if you query Baseball. Why, because search for partial text is slow. The only way around was to create a player table and index them one by one. What we did is let member index the player they need as it very long to do so. Hockey has only index 1/3 as of today of all 30,000 player we have for hockey.

When search for a player you need to use the full player name in the search so the index kick in. You can watch this demo that show you how to work a player list and you can always as a OPG staff to optimise a player for you that you collect.

Here the demo/video:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/demo/..._indexing.html

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am having some troubles trying to set up a player index for Frank Thomas (The Big Hurt). The trouble comes because there are two Frank Thomas's who played in the MLBs. Right now, both players show 0 cards in their index. How can I create an index for one without adding cards from the other?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

The only solution I've come up with so far is to add a middle initial to the name of the player with the fewer cards and index that way. Unfortunately I found there were something like 5 different Juan Gonzalezes and I haven't been able to find a middle initial for one of them.

I did that for Ryan Braun, too, to separate the pitcher from the outfielder.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Ok, I've indexed both Franks. Have a look and see if there are any obvious errors.

Country
    See phenomenalcards's Items on eBay

If you get a chance, could you add Brandon Harris to the index?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ok, I've indexed both Franks. Have a look and see if there are any obvious errors.

Thank you, I really appreciate you doing that. Except for the fact that I was feeling good about my collection until I realized how incredibly small it is in the grand scheme of things.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Thank you, I really appreciate you doing that. Except for the fact that I was feeling good about my collection until I realized how incredibly small it is in the grand scheme of things.

Stats are only that, stats, you should not let this make you feell different about your collection. A collection also grow over time.